I couldn’t have made this soup at a better time. We are all getting colds in our house, especially me. I loved this because it was easy for me to throw in the crockpot in the morning. It smelled amazing cooking all day. The chicken just fell apart when we were ready to eat it and it was absolutely delicious! It made a ton, and was even better for lunch the next day. This soup per serving is only 192 calories and 5 points+!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 16- oz can black beans
- 1 10- oz can kidney beans
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernals
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz chicken breasts 2-3
- chili peppers chopped optional
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.