This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers are stuffed with ground beef, rice, diced tomatoes, black beans, and cheese. They cook to perfection in the slow cooker and make an excellent dinner!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
I love my slow cooker. If I could marry my slow cooker I would. Ok not really, but that is how much I love that thing.
I use my slow cooker year round. It is perfect for busy days. I love throwing a meal in and letting it cook all day.
Some of my favorite recipes on the blog are slow cooker recipes. And this one was definitely added to the list!
The entire family gobbled this one down and thought it was delicious.
Well, except for the picky eater. He ate the inside of the pepper. But hey its a start right? 🙂
What you need to make stuffed bell peppers
How perfect is the idea that you can cook your meal right inside a bell pepper?
You get your own individual serving right inside a pepper.
The meat is combined with rice, diced tomatoes, cheese and some amazing flavors and seasonings.
It slow cooks all day and the peppers turn soft so that you can just eat the whole thing right up!
- Bell Peppers: the larger the better. All colors work great for this recipe.
- Lean ground beef: one pound
- Onion: chopped
- Tomatoes: diced and in a can
- Wild rice: any kind of rice will work. Cook it ahead of time.
- Worcestershire sauce:
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese: shredded and divided for during and after the recipe is cooking and a garnish.
- Water: add this to the bottom of the slow cooker.
How you make stuffed bell peppers
Delicious bell peppers that are stuffed and cooked in your slow cooker!
So simple to make with loads of flavor!
Simple cook everything at once, then add them to eat pepper, stuffing them full.
Let the slow cooker tenderize the bell peppers and melt the cheese on top.
You have one delicious and tasty meal that everyone will love!
- Prepare each bell pepper: Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Stuff the bell peppers with cooked ingredients: Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Let the slow cooker do the work! Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked throughout.
- Garnish with cheese: About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining cheese and let it melt.
Do you need to pre-cook the bell peppers?
Nope! This is what is so nice about this meal. The slow cooker will do the work for you. This will leave the bell peppers some-what crisp.
If you prefer to pre-cook them, bake in the oven for 10-12 minuets at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help tenderize your bell peppers and get them softer than only being cooked in the slow cooker.
Don’t have a slow cooker?!
No worries! These stuffed peppers can still be made in the oven.
Bake your stuffed bell peppers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 to 40 minutes.
Prepare the bell peppers the same as the instructions for slow cooker.
Place bell peppers in a pan and cover your pan with aluminum foil to ensure they don’t dry out in the process.
For the last 10 minutes, uncover and add the divided cheese and bake for 10 more minutes or until brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Add some toppings for a complete meal
- Sour cream
- Extra Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pico De Gallo
Storing stuffed bell peppers
These are a great make-ahead meal!
You can either freeze them for another meal later on or store them in the refrigerator for a pre-made meal that week.
Enjoy these and the simplicity that they are!
Freezing stuffed bell peppers:
Prepare and make these stuffed bell peppers as normal. Let them cool completely.
You can freeze them individually or together in a freezer bag or an airtight shallow pan.
Wrap them in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. They will last up to 1 month in the freezer.
To reheat, thaw the bell peppers in the refrigerator overnight. You can add them back into the slow cooker or bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until heated through.
Refrigerate stuffed bell peppers:
These stuffed bell peppers will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 to 5 days long. Store in an airtight container for best results.
To reheat, warm them up in the oven for about 5-10 minutes or the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.
For more stuffed bell pepper ideas, try these recipes:
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked throughout.
- About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining cheese and let it melt.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Picture Updated 8-16-17