Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
How I changed it: The last time that I made it, the sauce wasn’t as thick. It called for 4 1/2 tsp cornstarch. I added the 4 1/2 then kept stirring it and adding tsp by tsp. I ended up adding about 3 more. The sauce turned out AMAZING this time!!
Things I will do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
The smell of this teriyaki sauce cooking filled my house and I already knew it would be a hit.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 3 pounds (I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked long grain rice
- Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend. Serve with chicken and rice.