Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. I’m back again and this time I am sharing a reaaaaally good dinner recipe with all of you.
I’ve decided I should use my slow cooker more often, at least on the weekends. It’s hard for me to use it during the week, because if I started a dish before work, by the time I got home, it would be way over cooked. Maybe I should get one of those slow cookers where it automatically flips to “warm” when the cooking time is over. Does anyone have one like that? Do you like it?
This chicken only takes a few minutes to put together and in just a few hours, you can have a terrific dinner ready for your family.
The chicken was so tender and shredded apart beautifully. We did not skimp on the toppings. Sour cream, Cheddar cheese, cilantro, green onions and tomato made this already delicious chicken dish even better. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Recipe slightly adapted from: Kraft
You might also like these other delicious recipes from: Eat Cake For Dinner
Stay Connected with Eat Cake For Dinner
Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts frozen
- 2 Tbl. taco seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper ribbed, seeded and chopped
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ - 2 c. salsa I used chunky Medium salsa
- cooked rice
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onions
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes
- Place frozen chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, corn, beans and salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 ½ - 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken. Serve over cooked rice and top with desired toppings.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.