This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This Turkey Mediterranean Casserole features artichokes, fusilli pasta, sun dried tomatoes and Lindsay® Kalamata Olives baked in a red tomato sauce and topped with Lindsay® Chopped Black Olives. Simple, delicious ingredients in 30 minutes!
Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
Lindsay Olives are perfect for any occasion and make every meal more memorable, ensuring there are no boring bites!
Whether served alone or as an added boost of flavor in your favorite recipes, Lindsay Olives make celebrating the big holidays and “olive” the moments in between more delicious!
What’s so special about Lindsay olives?
For more than 100 years, Lindsay has brought unparalleled flavor and quality to kitchen tables across America.
The fourth-generation, family-owned and operated company offers a wide variety of products, from rich and bold Kalamata Olives to Organic Black Ripe Olives, that are perfect for family favorite recipes and new culinary adventures.
What ingredients do I need?
Grab these easy-to-find ingredients that are right at your fingertips in your local grocery store.
- Lindsay® Chopped Black Olives: adds texture and a rich, nutty flavor to the dish.
- Fusilli pasta: a spiral pasta that food easily sticks to; perfect for a balanced blend of flavors.
- Turkey: leftover turkey is best, but any kind of meat will also work.
- Sundried tomatoes: add a fresh taste to the casserole.
- Artichokes: drained and layered.
- Lindsay® Kalamata Olives: for a bold Mediterranean flavor
- Parsley: chopped
- Basil: chopped
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- Marinara sauce: adds a savory flavor to the overall mixture.
- Mozzarella cheese: melted for a cheesy finishing touch.
How are Lindsay Naturals different from other black ripe olives?
Black ripe olives have Ferrous Gluconate, a water-soluble iron salt and color stabilizer, that helps maintain the black color in the olives.
Lindsay Naturals process does not use Ferrous Gluconate which creates a dark brown colored olive, rather than the dark satin black.
Lindsay Naturals are canned in plain water and sea salt. They contain no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
How to Make Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
This simple meal is not only easy to layer together, but it only takes 20 minutes to bake.
It is the perfect family meal to make together on a busy night!
- Cook pasta: Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Cook the pasta according to package directions and then drain.
- Add pasta and ingredients together: Add the pasta to a large bowl with turkey, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, Kalamata olives, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to taste, and marinara sauce. Mix together.
- Layer the ingredients: In a 9×13 dish layer half of the pasta evenly. Top with half of the cheese. Put the rest of the pasta on the top. Layer with the chopped black olives. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes: Or until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.
Frequently asked questions about Lindsay Olives
How long are Lindsay Olives good before and after opening?
Our canned olives are good for four years before opening and our jarred olives are good for three years before opening. For best quality, we recommend that you refrigerate your olives and use within 10 days of opening. After opening your olives it is best to store them in a non-metallic, covered container and kept in brine to ensure the best quality.
Why are there pits in the olives that are labeled as “pitted”?
There may be times during the automated pitting process when an olive will be missed due to its softer texture and the pit remains inside. Although this may happen, it does not affect the quality of your olives.
How are Lindsay Naturals Green Ripe Olives different from other green or black olives?
Unlike their tart Spanish Green cousins and more like their mellow Black Ripe siblings, Lindsay Naturals Green Ripe Olives have a unique nutty and buttery flavor. They do not contain Ferrous Gluconate and are canned in water and sea salt, nothing else!
Are Lindsay Olives gluten-free and casein-free?
Yes, our olives are both gluten free and casein free. Our Black Ripe Olives do contain Ferrous Gluconate, which is used to stabilize the color. Ferrous Gluconate comes from corn and is not related to gluten.
What kind of salt is used in Lindsay Black Ripe Olives?
The salt we use in our olives is kiln dried sea salt sourced from the San Francisco Bay. It is non-iodized and put in the water used for the brine. This salt doesn’t have added iodine like you’d find in table salt. There is approximately 2.5% salt in our black ripe olives.
Why is there no liquid in Lindsay Chopped Olives?
Lindsay Chopped Olives are meant to be liquid-free to allow for versatile use in many different types of dishes.
Tips for making turkey mediterranean casserole
- Pasta: Cook the pasta ahead of time to ensure that the whole dish is done at the same time. Feel free to substitute your favorite pasta.
- Meat: Don’t have turkey? That’s okay! You can try it with chicken or chunks of beef.
- Olives: Mix and match your favorite Lindsay Olives for this dish for a different twist on this classic casserole each time!
Storing turkey mediterranean casserole
- Can you make Turkey Mediterranean Casserole ahead of time? Yes, I love how quick this casserole comes together and you can make it ahead for a busy night.
- Can you freeze Turkey Mediterranean Casserole? Yes, simply cook your pasta and layer your ingredients following the directions. Either bake, let cool and then freeze your casserole dish or freeze your casserole right before baking. This will stay in your freezer for 1 month.
- How do you warm up Turkey Mediterranean Casserole? When ready to reheat, simply place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until warmed up.
Lindsay Olive Products:
- Black Ripe Olives: Bursting with flavor and conveniently sized from small to colossal –including chopped and sliced – Lindsay Black Olives will please every palate and enhance any recipe. Plump, mellow and delicious, their taste profiles are perfect for virtually anything, from salads to pizzas, and even your fingers.
- Organic Black Ripe Olives: The world’s first USDA-certified organic black ripe olive is made with three simple ingredients: olives, sea salt, water…and nothing else. Enjoy the smooth, nutty flavors of Lindsay’s Organic Black Ripe Olives in a variety of sizes, as well as sliced – perfect on their own or to elevate any dish.
- Snack and Go!: Packed in convenient and portable cups without liquid, enjoy the premium flavors of Lindsay olives on-the-go in four delicious varieties: Pitted Black Ripe, Sliced Black Ripe, Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla and Pitted Greek Kalamata. Whether at school, the office, in the car, or at the ball park, Lindsay Snack and Go! Olives are the perfect finger-friendly snack for busy parents and kids.
- Specialty Olives: From rich and bold Kalamatas to tart and zesty Manzanillas Stuffed with Pimiento, there’s a jar of Lindsay olives for every occasion. Add flavorful flair to sauces, serve up crowd-pleasing finger foods, or finish off a cocktail with the perfect garnish, the small yet mighty Lindsay olive knows no boundaries.
More casserole dishes
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- No Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Easy Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Squash Casserole
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 3 cups turkey chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes drained
- 1 14 ounce can artichokes drained
- 1 7 ounce jar Lindsay pitted. Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 T Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 T fresh basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 4.25 ounce can Lindsay black chopped olives
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. degrees. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Add the pasta to a large bowl with turkey, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, Kalamata olives, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to taste, and marinara sauce. Mix together.
- In a 9x13 dish layer half of the pasta evenly. Top with half of the cheese. Put the rest of the pasta on the top. Layer with the chopped black olives. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.