True Story: I tricked the hubby tonight into thinking I actually got Chili’s take-out. He couldn’t tell a difference. It was awesome! We love Chili’s. It isn’t a five star restaurant or anything fancy, but their two for $20 deal for a date night is great for us and we love it! I have been getting this cajun chicken pasta for years. I even made it a few years back, but nothing was as close as this recipe was! This tastes just like the real thing. Try it yourself and see!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: I added a little bit of cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it up a little.
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes
2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
3 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded, to taste
1. Rinse the chicken in water and put in a Tupperware container or large resealable bag. Add the cajun seasoning and shake to coat thoroughly.
2. In a large skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and turn when needed. Make sure to check with a knife to make sure it is no longer pink.
3. When the chicken is almost done, in a saucepan combine the heavy cream, 2 Tbs butter, lemon pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. When the cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and remove from heat stirring well.
4. Once chicken is cooked, cut thin strips on cutting board.
5. Spoon the pasta onto a plate and top chicken, diced tomatoes and parmesan. Sprinkle with more cajun seasoning if desired! Best when served with a side of texas garlic toast. 😉
Recipe from Food.com