This has been a really mild summer here in North Carolina. It has been really rainy and overcast and low in temperatures. Although it has been really nice compared to last summer, it has put a damper on the BBQ’s. I had an amazing BBQ planned last week, but it got canceled due to pouring rain. At least I had made this fantastic avocado basil pasta salad!
This was probably one of the best pasta salads that I have made. I LOVE fresh avocado and combined with fresh tomatoes and basil made this an amazing pasta salad. The ingredients were simple and it was perfect topped with crumbled bacon and shredded parmesan cheese. This is the perfect pasta salad for any occasion!
- 8 ounces dried bow tie and/or wagon wheel pasta
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained, and crumbled
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the paste according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the avocados, tomatoes, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic pepper and salt. Add the pasta and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016