I wish everyone loved salmon as much as I did. I used to hate salmon and all fish. And then one day, I just started to eat it and I forced myself to like it. So maybe if you don’t like salmon you can force yourself to love it just as much as I do! 🙂
This grilled salmon is healthy and packed with flavor. Anything topped with avocado salsa is amazing in my book. The great thing about salmon is that it only takes minutes to cook. And it is so tender and flaky and melts in your mouth. This is a simple grilled salmon recipe and it is ready in the matter of minutes. The spice rub gives it such amazing flavor. I loved this recipe so much. And the avocado salsa was the perfect finishing touch to this amazing and healthy meal!
- 2 lbs salmon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Avocado salsa ingredients:
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- dash of salt
- In a small mixing bowl combine salt, cumin, paprika, onion powder, ancho chili powder and black pepper.
- Rub the salmon fillets with the olive oil and rub with the spice mix.
- Grill the salmon on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Mix the avocado, red onion, chopped cilantro, salt and juice from the limes in a small mixing bowl. Top the salmon with the avocado salsa.
Recipe from The Cookie Rookie