Corned Beef and Cabbage slow cook all day with hearty vegetables making one delicious stew! The McCormick spices also add such amazing and unique flavors!
I am so excited to be an ambassador this year for McCormick. When they asked me if I would like to be one, it was a no brainer! My cabinet is filled with McCormick spices and I love working with brands that I stand behind. Their spices are unique and high in quality. They are an important part to adding tons of flavor to recipes.
I am sharing a delicious recipe with you today that has been in our family for years. I am sharing it just in time for St Patrick’s Day. Whether you are Irish or not, this recipe will become an instant family favorite. It is perfect for your celebration and is hearty and full of flavor.
The secret to making corned beef and cabbage so flavorful is the pickling spice. Pickling spice has mustard seeds, allspice berries, whole coriander seeds, and red pepper flakes which add a flavorful and unique taste to this stew. I accompanied it with some other great spices including garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper.
This recipe has been in our family for years. But I decided to add my own spin to it. I wanted to make it in the slow cooker, and I wanted to turn it into a delicious and hearty stew.
The result was amazing!
I was able to throw all of the vegetables and corned beef meet into the slow cooker in the morning. There is just something about meat and vegetables slow cooking all day. The spices cook together all day and intensify the flavor. You can smell it cooking throughout the house and it cooks the veggies to tender perfection. But the beef literally just melts in your mouth! It is incredible!
You guys will enjoy this stew just as much as our family does. It is hearty and the veggies and meat are slow cooked to perfection. It will be the perfect dinner for your St Patrick’s Day festivities! 🙂
- 2 pounds corned beef, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 large potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) bag baby carrots
- ½ head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons McCormick® Pickling Spice
- 1 Teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Chopped Parsley and additional salt and pepper for garnish
- Add corned beef, potatoes, celery, onion, and cabbage to your slow cooker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine beef broth, worchestershire sauce, pickling spice, garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper. Pour over the meat and veggies.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 until the vegetables are tender and meat is cooked throughout.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. All opinions expressed are my own!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016