A mouthwatering salad with fresh strawberries, cranberries, goat cheese and almonds. The strawberry balsamic dressing gives it the perfect flavor and is one amazing summer salad!
It really is no secret at all that I love a good salad. It has helped me to keep a healthy diet and maintain my goals that I made at the beginning go the year. Of course I have to keep going to the gym and doing crossfit so I can still enjoy a brownie every once in a while, but healthy eating has been key to my weight loss journey.
Speaking of the gym. Let me tell you how my Saturday went down. I knew that Memorial Day was on Monday. And in crossfit, they do what is called the MURPH workout. It is a seriously hard workout. It consists of a 2 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, and 300 air squats. And it is amazing if you finish in under an hour. So I went to the gym Saturday thinking that I would miss the workout on Monday. But to my surprise they switched it to Saturday. I was in for a real treat. 🙂
The thing that I love about Crossfit is the support that every person gives. They become your family and cheer you on and help you through each workout. My partner on Saturday helped to push me through each workout and we finished in 57 minutes. It was such an amazing feeling and accomplishment. I can’t believe that I actually did it! It is incredible what we can push ourselves to do if we put our mind to it.
We have a little tradition on Saturdays to stop by the Einstein Bagel on the corner after the gym and get some bagels. I gotta have my carbs after a tough workout. But while I was there I saw a Strawberry Chicken Salad that looked amazing and I wanted to make it immediately! So I got all of the ingredients and came home and made it for myself. It was awesome.
Everything about this salad was amazing from the chicken, to the fresh berries, to everything in between. And I decided to top it off with a sweet strawberry balsamic dressing. It was the perfect finishing touch to this salad.
This salad is incredible and perfect for the summer with all of the fresh berries inside. I have already made it to days in a row and I know that this will become a favorite for you as well!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Strawberry Balsamic Dressing:
- 1 cup strawberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- To make the strawberry balsamic dressing: In a food processor or blender, pulse the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken, romaine, strawberries, dried cranberries, red onion, goat cheese, and sliced almonds. Toss with dressing or drizzle on top of served portions.
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing from Paleo Leap
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #62 - August 20, 2016