Moist and perfect chocolate cupcakes with two cups of zucchini hidden inside! Topped with chocolate cream cheese frosting these are the best chocolate cupcakes I have had!
This is the first summer that I have been home long enough to plant some zucchini in my garden. Zucchini is easily one of my favorite vegetables. So you know what that means. Be prepared for zucchini recipe overload!
My kids hate zucchini. So I love that you can sneak zucchini into baked goodies without even being able to tell!
As I was baking these cupcakes the smell of chocolate filled the house. It was heaven. My kids couldn’t wait for them to get our of the oven. Little did they know that they had a secret ingredient!
As soon as they came out of the oven they could hardly wait for them to cool and to be frosted. I loved watching them take their first bite into these cupcakes. They both gobbled the cupcake down as fast as they can. They told me they were the best chocolate cupcakes that they have ever had! Well they have to get their veggies in somehow huh? 😉
I have never baked a more moist and perfect chocolate cupcake until now. They turned out so much better than expected. And just when you think that they can’t get any better. You frost them with chocolate cream cheese frosting.
Cream cheese makes every frosting better and then you add chocolate!? Pure heaven! We were all obsessed over how incredible these cupcakes were!
Can you think of a better way to use up your zucchini?? I sure can’t! These turned out amazing. And with 2 cups of zucchini hidden inside they make you feel a little better about eating 2 cupcakes at once. You are going to love them!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz package cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with liners or spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan filling them about half way.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes on wire racks.
- To make the chocolate cream cheese frosting: IN a large bowl beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt and vanilla. Continue beating until smooth and whipped. Frost cupcakes.
Recipe source BHG
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017