My youngest sister just left to college in Korea. We had a fun little going away party for her. I grilled up some Korean Chicken and it was amazing! The flavors were out of this world and it was a hit at the party. I couldn’t wait to try some more recipes out. My sister loves everything about Korea and the culture and I am excited to go and visit her soon.
When I started to do some research on a Korean Beef recipe, I found that the recipes are pretty similar to this Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef. This recipe instantly became a favorite here on the blog. One of the best things that I have ever had and quickly became popular.
With a a few slight changes this Slow Cooker Korean Beef was born. And let me just tell you. It is to die for. As soon as it came out of the slow cooker I couldn’t stop eating it. The flavor is absolute perfection.
I love cooking beef in the slow cooker because it cooks so tender. One of my favorite ways to cook it. It melts in your mouth with the first bite. And you are going to love the flavor of this beef. It thickens up as it cooks and coats the chicken perfectly. Top with some sesame seeds and green onions and you will have a meal that you will make again and again!
- 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
- ¼ cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- ½ cups Soy Sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds and green onions, for garnish
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Add sesame oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, onion, and red pepper flakes to the slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.
- Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
More Amazing Slow Cooker Beef Recipes: