Super Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup. Rich, hearty and loaded with veggies and meat. A perfect, comforting soup for Fall!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing one of my favorite soups: Pasta e Fagioli. This is comfort food at it’s best. Super hearty, meaty, thick Italian soup loaded with veggies, meat and beans.
Best of all this soup is made in a slow cooker. That means little to no prep time and lots of flavor. This soup simmers low and slow for 8 hours!
This soup takes just a bit of prep time and is super easy to throw together. I like to brown the meat for extra flavor and throw it into the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. I like to add in the pasta and beans about 30 minutes before serving. This ensures they are tender but not soggy.
Serve the soup with a side salad, crusty bread and dig in!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 whole carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste (I added 1 tsp salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and add in ground beef. Cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients except for the beans and pasta.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in beans and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Serve immediately while hot.
Looking for some more Slow Cooker Recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!