This moist and delicious Blueberry Banana Bread has the perfect combination of bananas and fresh blueberries that is super simple to make!
Hi everyone! It’s Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled back with a delicious Blueberry Banana Bread recipe perfect for Spring/Summer!
This moist and easy to make banana bread starts out by using my all-time favorite Banana Bread recipe. I then added a special ingredient; blueberries. Blueberries and bananas, in my opinion, make the perfect combination.
And with summer just around the corner, I always make sure that I make a couple extra Blueberry Banana Breads to place in the freezer when it’s too hot to turn on the oven but I want to enjoy this delicious bread.
FREEZE TIP: This bread freezes very well for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, place bread in refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then place the bread on your kitchen counter top for about 30-60 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature before slicing and enjoying.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries tossed in 1 Tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! Fold in floured covered blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until
toothpickinserted into centercomes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
MORE FAVORITE BREAKFAST RECIPES FROM DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED:
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.