My obsession with ham fried rice started at a young age. I was the pickiest eater created! Every time we would go out to eat I would order chicken fingers, even for breakfast. And if we got chinese food, I would order ham fried rice. I would enjoy a big huge bowl to myself and be in ham fried rice heaven.
Luckily I grew out of my picky eater stage and grew to love all sorts of foods. Although it took me 20 years to be able to enjoy a salad. But there will always be a special place in my heart for ham fried rice. I was craving it randomly for lunch. Every time I make my fried rice recipe I am reminded how amazing it is!! With a few little secrets to it, you can have restaurant quality right at home! Packed with ham and delicious veggies this was so incredible. This recipe is easy and makes quite a bit. Even better for me because I will have leftovers for days. 🙂
- 1½ cups- 2 cups chopped ham
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion, chopped ham, peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice to the veggie, ham and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
More Better than Takeout Recipes!