Fried rice that is loaded with sweet pineapple, ham and veggies that is so much better than take out!
We made the mistake of actually ordering chinese take out last week. I was just too tired to make anything and craving chinese. That was a huge mistake. Every time I give in to ordering take out I wish I would have made my ‘better than takeout’ recipes at home. I promise that this Hawaiian Fried Rice is better than takeout.
It started with this sweet and sour chicken recipe on the blog. I didn’t believe it was possible to make something at home that was better than takeout. But it is. And that recipe is my favorite recipe on the blog. It will make you regret ever ordering takeout. Everything is awesome about it from the breading around the chicken to the sauce. It is possible to make better than takeout at home!
So naturally you have to have a Better than Takeout fried rice recipe to go with it right? Well I have made plenty of variations on the blog. And they all get rave reviews. But this version of the Better than Takeout Fried rice series might have just become my favorite!
This is loaded with so many amazing things. And the Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple combination is awesome! I love how the pineapple adds a sweet taste with every bite. It balances out all of the flavors. And oh my heavens. It is incredible.
I couldn’t even wait to eat this and may or may not have been eating it by the spoonfuls while it was getting photographed. I love making it because I am reminded how incredible it is! Ditch the takeout tonight and make this for your family! They will love it!
- 1½ cups- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour vegetable oil in the bottom. Add chopped ham, white onion, and red bell pepper and fry until tender.
- Slide the ham onion, and red bell pepper to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and pineapple to the veggie, ham and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
Love Fried Rice like I do?