Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken in Foil has the most amazing sweet and tangy pineapple barbecue sauce! It grills to perfection with sweet pineapple and delicious summer veggies!
A tragedy happened in our house and our grill died. You all know by now how much I love that thing. Summer BBQs happen at our house quite regularly. At first I thought it was the propane tank but come to find out the hose had a leak in it! Gasp.
But thanks to Amazon Prime I had a grill delivered to my front porch in just two days and I was back to grilling in no time!
One of our favorite things to grill this summer have been foil packets. They are the perfect serving for each member of the family. Each little packet is complete with tender and flavorful meat and veggies.
I loved this Hawaiian BBQ recipe here on the blog so much that I decided to turn it into a delicious foil packet. It turned out so delicious and the flavor was amazing. The sweet and tangy pineapple barbecue sauce smothered on the chicken cooked with delicious pineapple and summer veggies.
Every single one of us loved these delicious foil packets. I know your family is going to love them too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bbq sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple slices (including juice)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- green onions, for garnish
- Heat grill to medium heat. Cut 4 sheets, enough to wrap the chicken and veggies, of heavy duty foil. Place chicken on center of aluminum foil and divide the veggies and add 2-3 pineapple slices into each packet.
- In a bowl, whisk together bbq sauce, juice from the can of pineapple slices, soy sauce, and garlic. Spread about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce on the chicken and make sure to reserve about ¼ cup.
- Place chicken packets onto grill and grill for 13-15 minutes flipping at about 7 minutes.To serve carefully open packets, baste with reserve sauce and garnish with green onions.