Grilled Hawaiian BBQ Chicken is quick and easy and the flavor is amazing! Served over grilled pineapple this is sure to be a hit!
Yessssss! It’s officially grilling season and I could not possibly be more excited about it, grilling is my jam. This is a dish I make all the time at my house – it’s so dang easy, has amazing flavor, and HELLO there is grilled pineapple involved! No brainer right??
The sauce is used as both a marinade and a topping and I always want to lick the plate clean because the flavor is so good. The great thing is that you can use your favorite bbq sauce as the sauce for the base – homemade or store-bought, whatever you love the most!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 cup bbq sauce (use your favorite!)
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple slices (including juice)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ¼ cup oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together bbq sauce, juice from the can of pineapple slices, soy sauce, and garlic. Pour half of the mixture into a large resealable bag. Add oil and chicken. Seal bag and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Reserve remaining sauce mixture and chill until ready to use.
- Grease and preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag, discard bag and marinade, and grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill pineapple slices along with the chicken, 2-3 minutes on each side til heated through and just beginning to char.
- When chicken is finished cooking, brush with reserved sauce, top with chopped cilantro and serve with grilled pineapple slices.