Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls are so incredibly easy to make and will become a family favorite! This makes the perfect weeknight meal.
This right here is my boys favorite weeknight meal. They beg me to make it every week. Since we have been so busy with Lacrosse we have been having it every week. It requires minimal ingredients and requires little effort to make.
Easy, minimal ingredients, and my kids devour it. This meal became my new BFF.
The ground beef takes only minutes to brown but you still get that delicious Korean flavor in this meal. The brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger combination is the best. It helps take the flavor to next level with the simple kitchen ingredients. The best part is that because we love Asian flavors so much I always have these ingredients on hand. All I have to do is buy a pound of ground beef each week.
You guys are going to love this meal just as much as we do! It is so delicious when served over rice and I even like to add some veggies to my bowl to make it a well rounded meal. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and freshly chopped green onions and you have about the easiest meal that you will ever make! You will make this again and again!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.