Make sure to become a follower and like my facebook page for the latest and greatest!
I have a weakness for bread. And bread is one of the worst things for you and so high in carbs. This bread turned out fantastic for being lower in calories! But is it any good? It is delicious! And you would never know that you use applesauce and wheat flour in it. It didn’t last long in our house, it was too yummy!
Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
A delicious a moist pumpkin cream cheese bread with half of the calories!
- 1-1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Stevia Cup For Cup sweetener
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Batter: With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- For the cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and flour until creamy and smooth.
- Grease (2) 8x4x2″ loaf pans. Divide half of the batter between the two pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t overbake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.