This is our family’s go-to taco soup recipe. I know there are a lot of taco soup recipes out there that claim they are the world’s best and so life-changing, but I think this is the only one you need. It makes a lot and they are always asking me to bring it to family events. Even in the summer time. I have never tried a better taco soup recipe and I don’t think I ever will. It is so easy, hearty, and delicious. The best part is that it is good for you! I can eat an entire cup for 265 calories (I added up every ingredient)! And it fills me up! I crave this soup. Definitely my favorite soup ever!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
Things that I changed: I add an extra packet of taco seasoning. I like it extra taco-y! I also do not add the water from the tomato soup can. I like mine thicker. If you want it more runny, add the water
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Is that even a question?
Recipe from: My own 🙂
Skinny Taco Soup
This is our family's go-to taco soup recipe. I know there are a lot of taco soup recipes out there that claim they are the world's best and so life-changing, but I think this is the only one you need.
- 1 pound ground lean turkey meat
- 2 cans or 1 big can of diced tomatoes I used the fire roasted
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning I used 2
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can dark kidney beans
- 3 small cans diced olives
- 1 can corn
- Brown the ground turkey meat.
- Add all of the cans into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- That's it! So easy! Enjoy