This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Make mornings easier with these air fryer hash browns cooked perfectly in minutes! Crispy, golden, and seasoned to taste like your favorite diner hash browns.
I’m always looking for fast and easy ways to make my mornings run smoother with my kids, like these air fryer hash browns. I have some other favorite recipes that can be made ahead of time. Try this amazing breakfast casserole or these easy cinnamon rolls. I also love making a big batch of homemade pancake mix to enjoy throughout the week.
What Are Air Fryer Hash Browns?
Sometimes it can be hard to achieve that crispy golden outside crust on hash browns. The air fryer is the answer, and you will be amazed at our perfectly they turn out. My kids beg for these hash browns all the time, and you will love the seasoned flavor and texture of the potato hash browns.
Any recipe that involves potatoes is a success at my house! Zuppa Toscana has always been a hit with the kids, however, these yummy Irish potatoes are a new favorite at our house. I also love to use the air fryer for making roasted potatoes.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Hash Browns
These air fryer hash browns only take a few ingredients, and they are the perfect side dish for your breakfast. I love that I can stock up on frozen hash browns because I can make these for breakfast any morning of the week. And with just a few seasonings that you already have in your spice cabinet, these are a no-brainer!
- Frozen Hash browns: Frozen hash browns can be found in any grocery store.
- Seasoning Salt: Pre-made seasoned salt with a mixture of seasonings that add great flavor!
- Pepper: Black pepper to bring out the flavor in dishes.
- Olive Oil Spray: Olive oil helps add that great crisp to the hash browns. Any non-stick cooking spray would work!
How To Make Air Fryer Hash Browns
Making this recipe could not be any easier! Just toss them in the air fryer and walk away. No more standing at the stove pan frying your hash browns to cook and crisp up. Get ready to love this recipe because you will never want to make hash browns any other way again.
- Season: Spread the hash browns into the bottom of your air fryer basket in a single layer, then sprinkle with seasoning salt, and pepper. Spray with olive oil spray because this will make it nice and crispy.
- Cook: Cook at 370 degrees for 6 minutes, then open the air fryer and flip hash browns. Spray with olive oil spray, and then continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are golden and crispy on top.
Tips For Perfect Hash Browns
Here are some tips to having success with air fryer hash browns. I had to make these a few times to get it just right. You will definitely want to keep these tips in mind so you can achieve that perfect crisp.
- Frozen Hash Browns: Always make sure that you use frozen and pre-shredded hashbrowns. Fresh hashbrowns result in soggy potatoes!
- Don’t Overcrowd: Your hash browns should be layered evenly in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding the potatoes won’t cook them evenly. If you buy a bigger bag of hash browns, then make sure to cook them in batches because you won’t be able to cook them all at the same time.
- Do Not Thaw: Use the frozen hash browns straight from the freezer because you don’t need to thaw the frozen potatoes first.
- Flip: Flip the hash browns halfway through the cooking process. This allows the hash browns to crisp up because it helps to cook them evenly on both sides, then use a spatula to help you flip the potatoes.
- Adjust Time: You may need to adjust the cooking time on your air fryer because other brands can cook differently. If you need to cook them longer, then just add 1-2 minutes until it reaches your desired crispness.
Leftovers Hash Browns
Leftover air fryer hash browns can be easily reheated and enjoyed the next day. Follow the instructions below for storing and reheating your hash browns.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover hash browns in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- To Reheat: Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the refrigerated hash browns in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes, or until warmed through. Enjoy!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
AIr Fryer Hashbrowns
- Spread the hash browns into the bottom of your air fryer basket in a single layer. Sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper. Spray with olive oil spray.
- Cook at 370 degrees for 6 minutes. Open the air fryer and flip hash browns. Spray with olive oil spray and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are golden and crispy on top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.