I decided to make a yummy twist to one of my most favorite and popular soups. I changed a few ingredients and added bacon. Bacon. Bacon took this famous soup to a whole nother level.
I hadn’t made this soup since last winter. Totally forgot how amazing it was. This soup makes quite a bit and is enough to feed a crowd. I sent a giant bowl over to our neighbors. I asked my neighbor how the soup was when I saw her that evening. She didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. Her husband ate it all!
This is a must make soup for the cooler months ahead. It is absolutely delicious and creamy with bacon. Did I mention that it has bacon? Oh well it is packed with bacon. 🙂 It is such a hearty soup that the entire family will love!
More Fantastic Soups!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
A delicious hearty and creamy soup that will remind you of a bacon cheeseburger!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled*
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, heavy cream salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Stir in the cooked and crumbled bacon. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.