Stick of Butter Baked Rice is soft and fluffy rice that is loaded with sweet, rich flavors from onion soup and butter. It is quick and easy to prep and bakes in the oven to perfection!
Stick of Butter Baked Rice
Looking for the perfect side dish to create a comforting family meal? This stick of butter rice recipe is super easy and turns out fluffy and flavorful every time. The French onion soup adds a sweet depth of flavor along with the butter that is so rich an makes the rice so moist and soft. It is both filling and delicious!
This will be a family favorite rice that you will find yourself making with everything! It is so versatile and even picky eaters will go crazy over it! Just toss 4 simple ingredients together, cover it with foil, set it in the oven, and you are done! This is a must try rice recipe that is SO good!
Just 4 basic ingredients incorporate together so well to make the best rice ever! It is both crowd-pleasing and easy to make. You will want to make this rice over and over!
- Long grain rice: Do not use instant rice.
- French onion soup: Adds sweet and savory onion flavor to the rice.
- Beef broth: Keeps the rice moist as it cooks, resulting in soft and fluffy rice.
- Butter: Sliced and mixed together with the onion soup, beef broth, and butter.
How to Make Baked Rice:
This amazing recipe is so simple and comes together so quickly. Start by stirring all your ingredients together, then place the dish in the oven where it will bake to perfection. The delicious smell will fill your home while you wait. When it is done, just fluff, serve, and enjoy!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine Ingredients: In a 8×8 or 2 quart dish add the rice, French onion soup, beef broth, and butter.
- Bake: Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes. Remove from oven, fluff with a fork and serve!
Variations for Butter Rice:
You can leave this rice plain for a perfect kid friendly, savory rice. Or load it up with some favorites like crumbled bacon or mushrooms. Either way, this rice will turn out to be the star of the meal and will feel more like the main dish than a side.
- Add ins: Sliced mushrooms, bacon crumbles, or diced onions.
- Serve with: Parmesan Chicken Tenders, Smothered pork chops, Crock Pot pork chops.
- Toppings: Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top adds a nutty flavor that is perfect with this rice.
- Rice: Use wild rice or brown rice instead of white rice. Tip: Brown rice may take longer to cook.
- Soup: Swap out the French onion for cream of mushroom soup.
- Sauces: Add in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or beef consomme for even more flavor.
Storing Stick of Butter Rice:
This rice is also awesome as a take and bake meal option. Prepare the rice in the dish but do not bake. Cover with aluminum foil that has baking instructions written on it. Take it to a friend or family member to bake and enjoy. They will be so amazed at the flavor!!
To store already baked rice, cool rice to room temperature before packing it in a sealed container. If you store your cooked rice in the refrigerator, it will be good for up to 6 days. Or, to keep it longer, freeze it for up to 6 months.
More Family Favorite Rice Recipes:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Better than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- Cranberry Pecan Sweet Potato Wild Rice Pilaf
- Quinoa Fried Rice
Stick of Butter Baked Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice not instant
- 1 14 ounce can French onion soup
- 1 14 ounce can beef broth
- 1/2 cup butter sliced
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.