This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Stick of Butter Baked Rice is soft and fluffy rice that is loaded with sweet, rich flavors from onion soup and butter. It is quick and easy to prep and bakes in the oven to perfection!
Stick of Butter Baked Rice Recipe
Looking for the perfect side dish to create a comforting family meal? This stick of butter baked rice recipe is super easy and turns out fluffy and flavorful every time. The French onion soup adds a sweet depth of flavor along with the rich butter that makes the rice so moist and soft. It is both filling and delicious!
This is a family favorite rice you will find yourself making with everything! It is so versatile, and even picky eaters will go crazy over it! Just toss 4 simple ingredients together, cover it with foil, set it in the oven, and you are done! This is a must-try rice recipe that is SO good! Serve it up with some delicious Cast Iron Skillet Pork Chops or some Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders and you will have a go-to meal that the whole family will love.
Just 4 basic ingredients incorporate together so well to make the best rice ever! It is both crowd-pleasing and easy to make. You will want to make this rice over and over!
- Long grain rice: Do not use instant rice.
- French onion soup: Adds sweet and savory onion flavor to the rice.
- Beef broth: Keeps the rice moist as it cooks, resulting in soft and fluffy rice.
- Butter: Sliced and mixed together with the onion soup, beef broth, and butter.
How to Make Baked Rice
This amazing stick of butter rice recipe is so simple and comes together so quickly. Start by stirring all your ingredients together, then place the dish in the oven, where it will bake to perfection. The delicious smell will fill your home while you wait. When it is done, just fluff, serve, and enjoy!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Ingredients: In an 8×8 or 2-quart dish, add the rice, French onion soup, beef broth, and butter.
- Bake: Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes. Remove from oven, fluff with a fork, and serve!
Variations for Butter Rice
You can leave this baked rice plain for a perfect kid-friendly, savory rice. Or load it up with some favorites like crumbled bacon or mushrooms. Either way, this rice will turn out to be the star of the meal and will feel more like the main dish than a side.
- Add-ins: Sliced mushrooms, bacon crumbles, or diced onions.
- Toppings: Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top adds a nutty flavor that is perfect with this rice.
- Rice: Use wild rice or brown rice instead of white rice. Tip: Brown rice may take longer to cook.
- Soup: Swap out the French onion for the cream of mushroom soup.
- Sauces: Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or beef consomme for even more flavor.
Storing Stick of Butter Rice
This baked rice recipe can be prepared ahead of time so that all you have to do is bake it! Or, leftovers taste fantastic for this rice too. Just heat them up, and they will taste so fresh. You will never know that they are a day or two old.
How to Make Ahead of Time: This rice is also awesome as a take-and-bake meal option. Prepare the rice in the dish but do not bake. Cover with aluminum foil that has baking instructions written on it. Take it to a friend or family member to bake and enjoy. They will be so amazed at the flavor!!
To Store Leftovers: Let the rice cool down to room temperature, then store it in an airtight container in your fridge. It will last in the fridge for about 6 days. Or, store it longer, and freeze it for up to 6 months.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Stick of Butter Baked Rice
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.