This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad showcases tons of fresh, summer fruit and has a delicious easy dressing. Refreshing, light, and sweet, this fruit salad will be eaten in no time!
Easy Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
This blackberry lime fruit salad is chock-full of delicious fruits and has a sweet and tangy dressing drizzled on top. I absolutely love summer fruits, and this salad highlights each of them perfectly while adding a tart and nutty finish with the dressing! It is so simple to make and the combination is sweet, tangy and just right. This fruit salad is a the perfect combination!
Only requiring a few fresh ingredients and less than 10 minutes to throw together, this blackberry lime fruit salad recipe is as easy as they come! Perfect for a healthy, refreshing snack on a hot day, or to make in bulk for a potluck crowd-pleaser! This salad has my ultimate favorite line-up of fruits in a salad, but know that the fruit can be easily changed out and swapped for whatever you like best. As long as the quantities remain pretty consistent and you’ve got plenty of variation, this salad will be a hit!
Blackberry and Lime Fruit Salad Ingredients
All you need is fresh fruit and a couple of other simple ingredients to make Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad. Looking for individual measurements? They can all be found in the recipe card below.
- Orange Juice: For dressing. You can use whatever kind of orange juice you like best!
- Orange Zest: For adding citrus flavor.
- Lemon Juice and Zest: From one lemon.
- Lime Juice and Zest: From one large lime.
- Honey: For sweetness and thickening the dressing. This gives it the perfect glaze finish.
- Vanilla Extract: For taste. Pure vanilla extract works best to enhance all the flavors of the fruit.
- Poppyseeds: For nuttiness and added texture.
How to Make The Best Fruit Salad
Only 5 simple instructions yield a perfectly fruity result that looks great and tastes great too! It is so simple to make and can be done within minutes.
- Mix Together Dressing: In a medium saucepan add the orange juice, zest, lemon juice and zest, lime juice and zest, and honey to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat for about 5 minutes and let it thickem. Add in the vanilla and poppyseeds. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare Fruit: In a large bowl, add in the prepared mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwis, grapes, blueberries, mangoes, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Add Dressing: Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the ingredients together.
- Chill: Return to the fridge to allow to cool and let the flavors meld.
- Serve: Serve after the salad has been chilled, tossing once more.
Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad Quick Tips!
These tips can help you perfect your fruit salad and yield the most delicious, juicy result. Blackberry lime fruit salad will be the hit at your next get together!
- Using the Freshest Fruits: Use fruits that are in season for the best result. In the summer, use fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, in the winter, add delicious pomegranate!
- Adding Other Fruits: Tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, and papaya taste amazing in this salad. You can also add in things like bananas, figs, and dates. I usually avoid watermelon in fruit salads because of its high water content. It can make your fruit salads mushy.
- Adding Herbs: I love to add fresh herbs to my fruit salads to give them an aromatic touch. Mint and basil taste amazing with this Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad!
- Fruit Salad Presentation: If you want a fruit salad that really looks amazing, use lots of different colored fruit and make sure the pieces are cut into similar sizes.
- Making Fruit Salad Before an Event: The longer a fruit salad sits, the juicier it becomes. If making your fruit salad a few days before serving, you can use a salad spinner or sieve to drain excess liquid and then add a drizzle of extra dressing for flavor.
Storing Leftover Fresh Fruit Salad
- In the Refrigerator: Your fruit salad will last for 3-5 days when stored in an airtight container. Add a splash of lemon juice to your salad before storing it to keep your fruit from turning brown.
- In the Freezer: Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad will keep in the freezer for up to a month in an airtight container. Thaw for a few hours in the fridge before serving.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad
- In a medium saucepan add the orange juice, zest, lemon juice and zest, lime juice and zest, and honey to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat for about 5 minutes and let it thickem. Add in the vanilla and poppyseeds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add in the prepared mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwis, grapes, blueberries, mangoes, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the ingredients together.
- Return to the fridge to allow to cool and let the flavors meld.
- Serve after the salad has been chilled, tossing once more.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.