Blackberry-Lime Fruit Salad with tons of fresh fruit and a delicious easy dressing.
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron and I’m excited to share with you all my favorite fruit salad! It’s chock full of delicious fruits and has a sweet + tangy dressing.
This salad has my ultimate favorite line-up of fruits in a salad, but know that the fruit can be easily changed out and swapped for whatever you like best. As long as the quantities remain pretty consistent and you’ve got plenty of variation, this salad will be a hit!
Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad
- 2 large oranges 2/3 cup fresh orange juice and ½ teaspoon zest
- 2 large lemons ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice and ½ teaspoon zest
- 1 large lime 1 tablespoon juice and ½ teaspoon zest
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- 1 can 15 ounces mandarin oranges, thoroughly drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwis peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cups blueberries
- 2 large mangoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Bring the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, lime zest and juice, and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove the dressing from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and poppyseeds. Set aside to cool completely.
- Remove the stems from strawberries and chop into large chunks. Add to the bowl.
- Thoroughly drain the mandarin oranges, remove the stems and thinly slice the strawberries, and peel the kiwis, halve them, and then thinly slice them. Remove the grapes from the stems.
- In a large bowl, add in the prepared mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwis, grapes, blueberries, mangoes, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the ingredients together.
- Return to the fridge to allow to cool and let the flavors meld.
- Serve after the salad has been chilled, tossing once more.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More Amazing Salads from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: