A soft and moist bakery style muffin bursting with fresh blueberries. The surprise cheesecake center is the perfect addition to these amazing muffins!
It is spring break for us. As soon as my boys woke up, an hour later they said they were bored. So I have been having to get pretty creative with the activities that we have been doing. Luckily the weather has been nice and we have been enjoying most of our time outside. We love to take walks around our neighborhood. It is so beautiful right now that spring is in bloom.
One thing I forget with my boys being home is how much they eat. Especially my 11 year old! I have been trying to make something fun for breakfast each morning that they have been home. So I made these amazing muffins yesterday. They were the talk of breakfast!
Ok but seriously. They were the bomb.
Let me break these muffins down for you. You start with a soft and moist bakery style muffin. Followed by a cinnamon streusel center and topped with more cinnamon streusel. The muffin is bursting with fresh blueberries. But lets not forget about my favorite part. The cheesecake center. Pure heaven. A muffin doesn’t get any better than this! You are going to love them!
Recipe inspired by my Strawberry Cheesecake Streusel Muffins
Blueberry Cheesecake Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. If you don’t use cupcake liners, make sure to grease the pan so they will come out easily.
- In a mixing bowl for the muffin batter, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the milk, oil, egg and sugar. Stir the dry ingredients in the milk mixture gently but do not overmix. The batter should be slightly lumpy. Fold in the fresh blueberries.
For the cheesecake layer:
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
For the topping:
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. With a fork blend in the butter until it looks like coarse sand.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the muffin batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Then add about ½ tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture. Sprinkle some of the streusel topping on the cheesecake filling, followed by another layer of the muffin batter. And lastly sprinkle with more cinnamon streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool into the pan for 5 minutes and transfer them to a wire rack.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.