This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemon Glaze will be one of the best quick breads you EVER make! Perfectly moist with two cups of zucchini hidden inside and bursting with fresh blueberries. The lemon glaze it the perfect finishing touch!
For more of the blueberry lemon combination try Blueberry Lemon Upside Down Cake or Blueberry Pie Muffin Bread with Lemon Glaze. The moist crumb and bright and fresh flavors in both recipes are incredible!
Blueberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemon Glaze
We have enjoyed My Favorite Zucchini Bread over and over, and it is definitely a tried and true family favorite. So, after experimenting with variations of it to keep it interesting, this Blueberry Zucchini Bread was created! Every bite has the soft, moist texture we have all come to love and crave in our zucchini bread for breakfast, snacktime, or even as dessert. Then, add in the fresh burst of flavor from the blueberries and the sweet lemon glaze and it tastes SOOO GOOD!
Even though I love eating zucchini year round I love that it is in season right now. It is easy to find everywhere and it tastes fresh and flavorful! If you are one of the gardeners who have loads of zucchini growing in your garden then promise me you will make this bread! Or, if you don’t have a garden of your own, then go and buy some just so you can make this insanely delicious bread!
Ingredients for Blueberry Zucchini Bread:
The flavor combination these ingredients create is incredible. Not only does it hide two cups of zucchini in it, it is bursting with fresh blueberries. Then it gets a lemon glaze on the top. It was such an amazing bread I just couldn’t get enough of it!
- Eggs: Binds the ingredients together and makes the bread rich and tender.
- Vegetable oil: Makes the bread moist.
- Vanilla extract: Brings out the other flavors and adds its own rich taste.
- White sugar: Adds sweetness in the bread.
- Zucchini: Finely shredded and dried between paper towels.
- All-purpose flour: Gives structure to the bread and acts as a leavening agnt.
- Salt: Just a pinch.
- Baking powder: Causes the bread to rise.
- Baking soda: Combines with the baking powder to help the bread to rise.
- Blueberries: Fresh is best but thawed from frozen work too, just dry completely before mixing them in.
- Powdered sugar: Adds sweetness and blends perfectly for a smooth glaze.
- Lemon juice: Add to taste!
- Heavy whipping cream: Makes the glaze thick and creamy.
How to Make Blueberry Zucchini Bread from Scratch:
Blueberry Zucchini Bread is quick and easy to make. It is a stress free recipe you will love right away. Add to that the fact that it is filled with healthy zucchini and you have a new favorite recipe to try!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 large loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans. (I did 1 large loaf and 3 small.)
- Combine ingredients: In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake: Place in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- TO make the lemon glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Drizzle on top of cooled bread.
Pro Tips for the Best Blueberry Zucchini Bread:
Blueberry Zucchini bread bakes perfectly and comes out moist and soft. I have had a few quick bread recipe fails in my day so I always follow these tips when baking a zucchini bread.
- Cover: Tent with foil the last 10 minutes of baking. Sometimes quick bread can start browning faster on the top and this is a great way to help it bake evenly.
- Dry zucchini: Make sure you dry it well before adding it into the mixture. Dry between paper towels and let it sit for about 5 minutes to make sure any excess moisture is out.
- Non-stick: Use cooking spray or line your pan with parchment paper to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Fresh baking powder: Make sure your baking powder is fresh so that your bread doesn’t turn out too dense.
- Remove seeds: For the best tasting bread, remove the seeds because they are bitter.
- Toothpick test: Sticking a toothpick in the center of the bread is the best way to tell if your bread is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
Storing Quick Bread:
This recipe makes quite a bit. Actually, I was able to get one large loaf and three small ones from this recipe. So, this bread is perfect for taking to your neighbors or friends for a treat. You will quickly become popular with this recipe!
- Room temperature: Store in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
- Refrigerated: To keep for a few extra days, keep bread in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze: Place in freezer safe packaging and your bread will remain tasty for up to a month. Thaw and use within 2 days.
More Sweet Zucchini Recipes:
- Pistachio Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- Chocolate Swirl Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Blueberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemon Glaze
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
TO make the lemon glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Drizzle on top of cooled bread.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.