I am down to my last week of pregnancy. This last little part has seemed longer than the entire nine months! I just can’t wait for this little girl to get here. I got her crib today for her room and I can’t wait for my hubby to assemble it. I also can’t wait to breathe like a normal person again and to not have huge and swollen elephant feet. 🙂
With Memorial Day coming up my family planned a big get together and barbecue. I always love a delicious and fresh salad when we get together. This salad was definitely amazing. It had so many yummy textures and tastes combined. I loved the crunch and flavor that the cashews added to this salad. If you are looking for a delicious salad that combines fresh broccoli and yummy textures, you won’t be disappointed by this one!
Recipe Adapted from All Recipes
Broccoli Cashew Salad
A delicious broccoli salad combined with yummy flavors and textures and cashews!
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- Cook and crumble the bacon. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and sugar. Whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the broccoli, bacon, and cashews. Mix together until the salad is coated well in the mayonnaise mixture. Chill for 2 hours and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.