Brown butter asparagus with almonds is the best twist on one of my favorite sides! It has amazing texture and nutty, caramelized flavor in each bite.
Roasted Asparagus in Brown Butter Recipe
You really can’t go wrong with brown butter. It works so well with both sweet and savory dishes. Whether it’s salmon, gnocchi, or spicy shrimp, brown butter adds a rich and nutty quality to whatever you add it to! With asparagus being one of my favorite vegetables, I knew I had to give this combo a try. It turned out perfectly!
As a cherry on top, I garnished this amazing asparagus dish with slivered almonds for a little extra crunch. The flavor of toasted almonds paired perfectly with the rich flavor of browned butter! The result is perfectly tender asparagus with caramelized flavor to boot. It’s a golden combination.
All Ingredients Needed
Brown butter is one of my favorite flavors to cook with because it only needs one ingredient to make, but tastes so amazing! In total, you only need 6 simple ingredients to make this tasty side dish. (And that includes salt and pepper!) Find measurements for each of these basic ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Asparagus: Since this is the star of the show, you’re going to want to make sure you have the freshest bunch possible! See tips on picking the best asparagus below.
- Olive Oil: Used for drizzling on top of the asparagus as it roasts. It not only adds a tasty boost of flavor, but keeps your asparagus crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.
- Salt and Pepper: I add both to enhance the tasty natural flavor of asparagus.
- Butter: Choose a brand with a high butterfat percentage for the richest sauce!
- Toasted Sliced Almonds: Toasted almonds add sweetness and nuttiness to this dish that is absolutely delicious!
How to Make Brown Butter Asparagus With Toasted Almonds
3 easy steps are all it takes to create this incredible side dish! Brown butter asparagus has such an amazing flavor, don’t be surprised if it outshines the main course!
- Roast Asparagus: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the asparagus in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare Brown Butter Sauce: In a medium-sized skillet add the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk until it starts to brown and foam. Add the almonds.
- Coat Asparagus: Toss the cooked asparagus in the butter sauce and serve.
Picking the Best Asparagus
When looking for the perfect asparagus, choose a bunch with vibrant green color. Avoid asparagus that looks dull- this likely means it’s overripe. The stalks should be firm and not wilting. I also like to choose a bunch with uniform sizing. This way, each piece cooks at the same rate.
Storing Leftover Brown Butter Asparagus
This delicious side is best served fresh, but can be stored and heated up a few days after being made. It’s also great for reheating in the air fryer!
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover asparagus in an airtight container. It will last for 4-5 days.
- To Reheat: Warm asparagus over the stove on medium heat until warmed through. You can also pop it in the air fryer for 2 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I don’t recommend reheating asparagus in the microwave as it can alter its texture.
Brown Butter Asparagus With Almonds
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Brown Butter Almond Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the asparagus in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium sized skillet add the butter over medium high heat. Whisk until it starts to brown and foam. Add the almonds.
- Toss the cooked asparagus in the butter sauce and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.