This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Champagne vinaigrette is a simple and elegant way to finish off any salad. It is tangy and sweet, and the champagne vinegar and orange juice adds the perfect flavor to your meal. It comes together in just 5 minutes and lasts a month in the fridge!
I didn’t use to like salads, and then I thought of them like a taco without a shell. You can add so many things to a salad, and they really can fill you up! I love to whip up some fresh dressing to go on top because I can add the amount of sugar and salt I want. I can make them taste exactly the way I like! If you are a salad convert, then you have to try this Copycat Olive Garden Salad. This simple and filling Antipasto Salad and this fresh and easy Autumn Chopped Salad are always a hit!
Champagne Vinaigrette Recipe
Where has champagne vinaigrette been hiding all of my life? This is such a salad game-changer! I am now in love with it, so you can look forward to many more recipes with that ingredient! Really though, this salad dressing is going to be your new go-to recipe. It is SO yummy, and was loved by everyone when I served it to my family on a delicious strawberry pear salad.
I have always loved vinaigrettes, like my lemon vinaigrette and apple cider vinaigrette. They are so sharp and sweet all at the same time. They make any salad taste good! I can even get my kids to eat a whole salad if I put vinaigrette on it. They are also one of the easiest things to make because all you do is blend. You are going to want to save this recipe for your favorite salad!
With just a few simple ingredients you can make the best champagne vinaigrette! You will want to buy good ingredients because you will be able to taste the difference. I like to use fresh juice from an orange because I think it’s the game-changer in this vinaigrette! You can find the exact measurements below in the recipe card.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: This makes the perfect salad dressings! The flavor is so delicious and it helps the vinegar not be so sharp.
- Champagne Vinegar: This is close to white wine vinegar, it’s just made with champagne grapes. It is so yummy! If you can’t find it at your local grocery store, it is available on Amazon.
- Shallot: Adds a sweet flavor with a little sharpness. It’s perfect for this dressing.
- Fresh Orange Juice or Lemon Juice: The citrus juice adds sweetness, along with some nice acidity. It really brings this dressing together.
- Maple Syrup or Honey: Because there is a lot of sharp flavors, you will want some sweetness to balance it out. Maple syrup or honey are the perfect choice.
- Dijon Mustard: Dijon mustard is sweet and spicy, and goes great with all of these ingredients.
- Kosher Salt: Using good salt is important. It will really make a difference and bring out all of the yummy flavors in this dressing.
How to Make Champagne Vinaigrette
This champagne vinaigrette comes together in just 5 minutes. It is so easy, and I love using fresh dressings on my salads. This salad dressing will become your new favorite, and it lasts for a month in the fridge!
- Add Ingredients: In a food processor or blender, add the shallot, champagne vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt.
- Blend: Stream in the olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Shake before drizzling on a salad and enjoy!
Tips for Making Champagne Vinaigrette
Making homemade salad dressings is really easy, once you try it you’ll be hooked! I love how fresh they taste, and it really only takes a few simple ingredients to put together. Here are some of my tips for making champagne vinaigrette.
- Using a Blender: If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will work great! Just follow the same directions using your blender instead.
- Switching Ingredients: I have alternate ingredients listed in the recipe card. You can use maple syrup or honey as a sweetener. It’s best to use a liquid sweetener because it will blend together better. Using fresh citrus juice will give you the best flavor. If you use lemon juice from a bottle you will be able to taste the difference.
- Separation: Separation when you store the dressing is normal. The vinegar and the oil will separate when they sit for a while. Before you use the vinaigrette, just shake it well in the bottle. It will blend back together and be as yummy as ever!
- Add Ingredients: Garlic and black pepper would be great additions to this vinaigrette. Get creative with what you put in this recipe, and you will love the way it tastes on top of a fresh cucumber salad or over some garden tomatoes.
Saving Leftover Dressing
This recipe makes about a cup and a half of dressing, so it is the perfect amount for leftovers. It is easy to keep your champagne vinaigrette fresh and delicious by following these tips.
In the Refrigerator: Store your dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 months. Make sure to give it a good shake before you use it!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- In a food processor or blender, add the shallot, champagne vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt.
- Stream in the olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Shake before drizzling on a salad and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.