This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This greek salad dressing is sweet and savory added it to any salad, sandwiches or use as a marinade for a flavorful topping. This dressing is so versatile you will be using it often!
Greek salads come in all sizes, varieties and flavors! This greek broccoli pasta salad, greek tzatziki pasta salad or greek spinach pasta salad are perfect ways to enjoy more ways to enjoy greek salads.
Greek Salad Dressing
Light and creamy dressing falls smoothly overtop salads, marinades chicken and pork plus add to each sandwich like a spread and enjoy so many flavorful recipes using one dressing! Greek Salad Dressing is one of my favorites and comes together easily. Most the ingredients are pantry staples and easy to store. Make this dressing over and over again!
Finding the perfect salad to use with this was a MUST! Most salads with romaine, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese blend well with this greek dressing. It is irresistible and one of the best. The flavors are so powerful yet smooth and creamy. It is a light dressing that is full of flavor! My girls have been helping me in the kitchen lately and this dressing was one I needed to make. I couldn’t get them to stop taste testing the dressing, it is that good!
What is the difference between Greek and Italian dressing?
Greek and Italian dressings are actually similar in a few ways. They both use natural ingredients that store well, they even use the same olive oil and dried herbs too. Both naturally go on salads, sandwiches and can be used as a marinade.
Italian dressings are mixed with bell peppers, herbs and some added sugar whereas greek dressings are more basic ingredients like olives, tomatoes, cucumbers sprinkled with feta cheese.
Homemade Dressing Ingredients:
Most of these ingredients are ones that you already have on hand. They are easy to store and simple to mix together. This dressing comes together quickly and easily!
- Olive Oil: This is the concentrate that helps blend all the flavors together.
- Red Wine Vinegar: Greek Salad Dressing is known to have this red wine vinegar. It is a MUST!
- Garlic Powder:
- Oregano and Basil: I normally say to use fresh herbs but with dressings it is best to use dried. The fresh herbs can become discolored and alter the flavoring of when mixed together and stored.
- Onion Powder: No onion flavoring just blends well and add the perfect amount of flavoring to the dressing.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch.
- Dijon Mustard: Sounds crazy, but this mustard will take everything up a notch adding so much flavor and goodness to this dressing. You will be impressed!
Shake it Up!
Traditional Greek Salad Dressing usually appears to be a vinaigrette because of its consistency when mixed together. It is light and creamy with a sweet and beautiful taste. This is a tried and true favorite that you will want to make all year long!
- Mix Together: Place ingredients into a jar and seal tightly with a lid. Shake until you have a good emulsion. Pour desired amount over salad.
What to Use Greek Dressing On:
This dressing is so good and so versatile. There are so many fun and delicious recipes that go well with it.
- Pasta: Mix together with a cold pasta for a great potluck dish or side to your next barbecue.
- Marinade: Beef, pork chicken and even seafood can be marinaded for 2 to 24 hours long storing in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Vegetables: Perfect for dipping your favorite vegetables like celery, cucumbers or carrots in.
- Sandwich/Burgers: Great for spreading on bread or buns to add more flavoring.
How long does Homemade Greek Dressing Last?
This dressing is quick and easy to make. Store in an airtight bottle or a jar with a lid in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days long.
Delicious Salad Recipes with Dressing:
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
- Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Strawberry, Apple and Pear Spinach Salad with an Apple Cider Poppyseed Dressing
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Greek Salad Dressing
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.