This charcuterie board roundup has the BEST snack boards! Ranging from simple to seasonal to ones you can use for any occasion, I have a board for your gatherings all year long!
I love a delicious charcuterie board! The creativity that you see in them, not to mention the wide array of different kinds of food, make these perfect for everyone! I especially love the seasonal ones like this Valentine’s Charcuterie Board, this spooky Halloween Charcuterie Board, or this winter-themed Hot Chocolate Charcuterie!
The BEST Charcuterie Board Roundup
Charcuterie (pronounced shar-koo-tuh-ree) boards used to only feature meat and cheese (the definition of charcuterie means a collection of cooked meats)… Charcuterie boards have come a long way and are now just fancy, themed snack trays! While lots of my charcuterie boards feature the classic meats and cheeses, some highlight other delicious food such as fruit, candy, veggies, and everything in between!
A charcuterie board is the perfect snack tray for any occasion because you can not only add seasonal foods but you can shape things to be seasonal as well! I used pepperoni to make a football in this football charcuterie, and I love making holidays festive with a wreath-shaped charcuterie or this Christmas tree board! Trust me when I say that this charcuterie board roundup is the best of the best!
How to Make the Perfect Charcuterie Board
To make the perfect snack tray, you need a variety of food! Here are some suggestions that you can use when making your snack tray.
- Meats and Cheeses: The meat and cheese bring that savory taste and texture to the board. The cheeses can be cubed, sliced, or cut into shapes and placed anywhere on your board. The meat looks perfect when it is all rolled up or sliced. Or, you can go the extra mile and make some salami roses. Instructions for that are here: How to Make a Salami Rose (2 ways!). If you do this and have a variety of shapes and sizes, then you will have a professional-looking board!
- Fruits and Veggies: I tend to use seasonal fruits and veggies for my board. This makes them fresh and easy to find. You want to pick out fruit and vegetables that are different in color and texture. Then they will really pop on this board!
- Crackers and Bread: I love adding these neutral yet flavorful items to the charcuterie board. They will go with anything!
- Dip: Whether you use savory dip like hummus or ranch or you want to use some delicious sweet dip, your need some dip on your board!
- Candy and Cookies: These don’t go on every board but I love mixing them in whenever I can. This Halloween board is a great example of how to add in the sweets with the savory!
Large Round Charcuterie Board
How to Assemble
Assembly of your charcuterie board is the fun part! This is such a great (and delicious) way to make any season or holiday special! Change it up to make it just what you need.
- Dips First: Because Dips are typically in small bowls, I like to set these on the board first and then work around them.
- Add the Cheese: Start assembling your board by adding the cheese.
- Pile on the Meats: You can roll the meat up, make some salami roses, or just stack it. Whatever adds some texture to your board works!
- Next, Add the Fruit and Vegetables: The fruit and vegetables add some brilliant colors that make any board stand out.
- Cookies, Bread, and Crackers: Because these are more neutral, I like to add these in last as a filler because they will look great wherever you place them!
thank you for a year’s worth of charcuterie boards, great inspiration, much appreciated!