Healthy and easy, these Chicken Lettuce Wraps are so fresh and delicious! They are ready in under 30 minutes with a juicy chicken filling and crispy butterhead lettuce.
If there’s one thing that always a hit at the dinner table, it’s these Chicken Lettuce Wraps. In fact we have lots of lettuce wrap recipes on the site including Shrimp , Tex Mex, Asian and Turkey lettuce wraps that you should try.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you are looking for a low carb, healthy recipe that always delivers and tastes amazing, these Chicken Lettuce Wraps should be on the top of your list. It’s a great way to get protein in, it fills you up but is low on carbs. So you can eat extras 😉 I won’t tell! The filling is really versatile. You can use it with lettuce and serve it as these Chicken Lettuce Wraps, serve it with rice and turn it into an Asian rice bowl or even stuff it in rice paper for fresh and tasty spring rolls.
I also like to add veggies like carrots, bell peppers and mushrooms but that’s completely option. I have most of these ingredients in my pantry. If you don’t stock hoisin sauce, it’s a sweet, salty sauce with great depth of flavor that adds a lot of umami to Asian food, so it’s a must have and can be used for stir fries, fried rice , etc.
What you need to make Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This is an easy recipe that doesn’t need a ton of ingredients. You’ll need ground or diced chicken. I prefer ground chicken since it cooks up really fast and doesn’t need any extra prep.
In addition to this, you need a few more ingredients:
- Hoisin Sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha or any other Hot Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Best Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps
The most important ingredients in Lettuce Wraps is Lettuce obviously. You need a variety of lettuce that allows for a filling and can form a cup or wrap. For this particular purpose, I love butterhead lettuce for its wide leaves that really form the perfect base to hold all that filling. You can also use large Romaine Lettuce leaves or even Iceberg Lettuce if you like. Butterhead lettuce also has great flavor which is mild compared to some other varieties of lettuce that can be slightly bitter to taste.
Make sure to wash lettuce well, and then dry it with paper towels to get rid of any extra moisture. Putting together these Chicken Lettuce Wraps is really quick and easy if you have all your prep in place beforehand. You only need a few minutes of cooking time since ground chicken cooks so fast. If you overcook it, it’ll just turn dry. You can make the filling before hand and it even freezes well. Then whenever you are ready to serve, just heat it up, lay out the lettuce, some extra hot sauce and everyone can dive in and make their own wraps! Sooo good!
More Asian Inspired Recipes
- Easy Asian Vegetable Stir Fry
- Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls
- Garlic Beef Broccoli Lo Mein
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pounds ground Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1/4 cup diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Carrots
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Peppers
- 12 Butterhead Lettuce Leaves
For the Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or any other hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoon Water
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- diced Spring Onions for garnishing
- Whisk together all the ingredients listed under sauce and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and onions. Saute for about two minutes and add the carrots. Cook the carrots for another two minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook for another minute on high heat and then add the ground chicken. Brown the chicken on high for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and mix and let this cook for 3-4 minutes till the liquid dries up and the chicken is cooked through
- Spoon the filling on a lettuce , make a wrap, top it with spring onions and eat immediately!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I am a regular follower of your blog. And the points you have mentioned over here are very essential in my point of view
The wraps turned out to be amazing. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.