A delicious taco salad using fresh ingredients and a delicious and easy dressing to go on top!
This is the first year that losing weight isn’t one of my New Year’s resolutions. But only because I am preggo and it is actually ok to gain weight. 🙂 But that doesn’t mean that I still want to try to eat healthy and not gain too much weight this pregnancy. I crave a freshly made salad. And this one sure hit the spot!
Just look at all of those fresh and delicious ingredients that make up this salad. All of my favorites are in the line up. Avocados, leafy green lettuce, corn, roma tomatoes, cilantro, and the chips give it a nice crunch.
Seriously, is your mouth watering yet?? Because I already want some more of this salad! The flavors all combined in this is to die for. And the dressing is so simple to whisk together. It is only three ingredients and completes the salad perfectly. It moved to the top of my favorite salad list and I will be making it again!
Chicken Taco Salad
- 3/4 cups Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro finely minced
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless skinless
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce of lettuce of choice shredded
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 cup Grated Pepper Jack Cheese or cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 avocados Diced
- 3 green onions Sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
- Tortilla Chips crushed
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the ranch, salsa and cilantro. Set aside.
- To prepare the chicken, heat the oil on medium high heat. Season each side of the chicken breasts generously with the taco seasoning. Cook the chicken breasts on each side about 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and set aside and cut into cubes.
- Place the corn into the skillet and cook for a few minutes and remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the salad pile the green leaf lettuce on the bottom. Then pile the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, green onions, corn, green onions, cilantro leaves and crushed tortillas on top. Drizzle the dressing on the top and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Delicious salad! Made for my husband and kids tonight and everyone loved it. I will definitely be making this again.
what kinda of ranch and salsa would you recommend can you be a little more specific on that part please =)
I probably just used a store brand. Nothing fancy.
I just made this and I think it’s my new favorite salad! I did not add the corn (not a huge corn fan) but it was amazing!!! I’m so glad I found your site!