This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A delicious taco salad using fresh ingredients and a delicious and easy dressing to go on top!
This is the first year that losing weight isn’t one of my New Year’s resolutions. But only because I am preggo and it is actually ok to gain weight. 🙂 But that doesn’t mean that I still want to try to eat healthy and not gain too much weight this pregnancy. I crave a freshly made salad. And this one sure hit the spot!
Just look at all of those fresh and delicious ingredients that make up this salad. All of my favorites are in the line up. Avocados, leafy green lettuce, corn, roma tomatoes, cilantro, and the chips give it a nice crunch.
Seriously, is your mouth watering yet?? Because I already want some more of this salad! The flavors all combined in this is to die for. And the dressing is so simple to whisk together. It is only three ingredients and completes the salad perfectly. It moved to the top of my favorite salad list and I will be making it again!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless skinless
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce of lettuce of choice shredded
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 cup Grated Pepper Jack Cheese or cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 avocados Diced
- 3 green onions Sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
- Tortilla Chips crushed
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the ranch, salsa and cilantro. Set aside.
- To prepare the chicken, heat the oil on medium high heat. Season each side of the chicken breasts generously with the taco seasoning. Cook the chicken breasts on each side about 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and set aside and cut into cubes.
- Place the corn into the skillet and cook for a few minutes and remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the salad pile the green leaf lettuce on the bottom. Then pile the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, green onions, corn, green onions, cilantro leaves and crushed tortillas on top. Drizzle the dressing on the top and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.