This Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso combines smooth Velveeta cheese that melts magically with flavorful chili and Mexican spices in a skillet to pure queso perfection, hands down one of the best copycat recipes EVER! A super easy appetizer that will disappear faster than it took to make it.
I love being able to be together with loved ones eating our favorites from the comfort and ease of home. Try these favorites for more delish copycats: Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta, Applebee’s White Chocolate Blondies with Maple Cream Sauce, Cheesecake Factory’s The Best Avocado Egg Rolls, and Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso
The perfect blend of cheesy goodness and spices makes this recipe is so versatile, you make it all year long and get creative with it. Besides serving it with the standard tortilla chips you can serve it along side or in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, taquitos or any other dish. Serve it over rice, home fries or a breakfast hash, for a fantastic Mexican twist. It’s so easy and addictive you’ll be tempted to make it every week.
Leftovers are easily stored in the fridge for a few day. That’s if you have any leftovers. It’s so simple and quick, you may never need to go out and order it again. The spicy goodness is just that easy and just that good.
Skillet Queso Ingredients:
- Velveeta Cheese: Velveeta is so smooth when it melts, it’s perfect for dipping.
- Milk: Don’t use a nut milk here, it’ll make the flavor off
- paprika: Adds flavor and color.
- cayenne pepper: Decrease or increase according to your tastes.
- Hormel Chili No Beans: Beans just don’t belong in Queso.
- Chili Powder: Try Chipotle Chili powder for a smokey kick.
- Lime Juice: Balances out the spiciness.
- Cumin: A staple in Mexican cuisine.
How to Make Skillet Queso:
This can be made for any holiday get-together, family gathering or any celebration. When you want to be the hit of the party this Amazing Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso will do the job. No one can say no to this descendant cheesy goodness.
- Cut: Cut up the velveeta into same size cubes for easy melting.
- Combine: Combine the cheese and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir: Frequently stir util the cheese melts completely.
Velveeta is by far the best and recommend it for this recipe but for those who don’t like Velveeta you can make a substitute.
- 3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
In a medium sauce pan bring all the ingredients to a boil stirring constantly, then continue to make the recipe as directed.
Skillet Queso Dipping Variations:
Skillet Queso isn’t just for dipping chips. There are so many things you can try, let your imagination run queso wild.
- Vegetables- use instead of ranch for carrots, cucumbers, celery, sweet peppers, olives, etc.
- Bread- A crusty french bread torn into pieces or bread sticks.
- Pita Bread- Cut into triangles for easy dipping.
- Flavored Corn Chips- Try Doritos for flavor explosion.
More Amazing Queso Recipes To Try:
Chili's Copycat Skillet Queso
- 16 ounce box Velveeta cheese
- 1 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 15 ounce can Hormel Chili No Beans
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.