This chocolate chip banana cake has a moist crumb with the taste of real bananas in every bite. Covered in chocolate ganache this cake will be a hit every single time!
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
Hey there! Its Richa from My Food Story and I’m bringing you this delicious chocolate chip banana cake today.
I see your banana cake and I raise you this incredibly moist chocolate chip banana cake which is loaded with chocolate chips in every single bite and topped with a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
Summer is just around the corner and with it comes picnics, barbecues and brunches. And I love to be able to take a cake that can feed a crowd. They look pretty and everyone gets a slice without having to bake multiple cakes or having to worry about how to transport them.
The best part about this chocolate banana cake is that everything is done in one bowl – even the sifting of the dry ingredients and I’ll teach you how. So that you only have one bowl to wash at the end of it. And only one bowl to lick. I mean, isn’t cake batter the best part of baking a cake?
It’s important to use overripe bananas. The riper the banana the richer and more concentrated the flavour in this chocolate chip banana cake. So next time you have a bunch of bananas sitting that look like they are past their expiry date don’t throw them away. Bake cake instead.
Every bite will have bananas and chocolate in it and every bite will be devoured.
This cake is extremely versatile. You can add peanut butter chips to the batter (their saltiness and sweet flavour is amazing in this cake), or leave out any chips altogether if you like your cake with just bananas, add walnuts or other chopped nuts. Make this cake your own!
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
- 3 large overripe ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt at room temperature
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons semi sweet Chocolate Chips
For the Ganache:
- .5 pounds Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and line a 9X13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and add them to a large bowl. Use a fork to lightly mash the bananas.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl and lightly beat with a hand mixer till light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat till combined.
- Pour in the greek yogurt and beat the mixture. It'll start looking a little grainy but don't worry everything will come together.
- Place a sieve on top of the bowl and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Sieve it into the bowl, and mix the entire mixture with a spatula till just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the heavy cream for a minute or so in the microwave till hot but not boiling. Pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a minute. Whisk the chocolate and cream together till smooth.
- Pour it over the cake and spread it evenly on the cake. Refrigerate till ready to serve. If the cake is cold, let it sit outside for 15 minute to let it come to room temperature before serving.
Other Summer Dessert Recipes You May Like