This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Get ready for these chocolate chip cookie dough bars to become a favorite you make all the time! Perfectly creamy and delicious (and with no raw egg), these bars will get devoured by anyone lucky enough to eat them!
If you love these chocolate chip cookie dough bars, then you must try some of my other favorite chocolate chip recipes! Start with these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, this delicious chocolate chip banana bread and this yummy cookie dough dip!
A Reader’s Review
Absolutely delicious! Everyone always loves these when I make them. Turn out perfect every single time!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Ok. Who is guilty of eating the cookie dough every time you make a batch of cookies? I am pretty guilty of that every single time. The cookie dough is the best part! I figured out a way to get that same delicious, and creamy cookie dough taste in this recipe. The fantastic thing about these bars is that they taste just like cookie dough! And they are egg-less. So they won’t make you sick!
The eggs are substituted with one of my favorite ingredients… sweetened condensed milk. It’s the secret ingredient in these cookie dough bars that give it the best taste and a creamy texture. It takes what you know as cookie dough and brings it up a few notches. Plus, because these are “cookie dough” bars, they don’t require any baking! This recipe is easy and delicious.
Ingredients in Cookie Dough Bars
The best part about these chocolate chip cookie dough bars is that they taste just like cookie dough but don’t have the raw egg that you worry about eating! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter that was softened to room temperature in this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: Use light brown sugar (packed) to get the best flavor out of these cookie dough bars.
- Vanilla Extract: Add a splash of vanilla flavoring with this ingredient.
- Flour: All purpose flour works great in this recipe!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is the secret ingredient to making these cookie dough bars turn out perfectly creamy and delicious!
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolat chips but you could use milk chocolate or dark chocolate if that’s what you prefer.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter will mix the best and give the chocolate topping a delicious and smooth texture.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: These will be melted up and used on the top!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
This recipe is super simple, and you just need to account for the time it takes for the bars to chill and set up! You will be so glad that you took the time to make these! They are worth the wait.
- Line pan: Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Combine: In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until it is fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes. Add vanilla until combined.
- Mix and fold: Turn the mixer to low and alternate the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Add to pan: Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. It will be sticky so lightly flour your hands if needed.
- Chill: Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- Add topping and chill: To make the topping, combine the peanut butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour and spread over the top of the chilled dough and chill at least for 1 hour until firm.
Like with baked cookies, you can change up these chocolate chip cookie dough bars to make them your own! Here are a few ideas for you!
- Mix-ins- You can easily swap out the chocolate chips for another mix-in of your choice! Try some heath bar bites, some mini m&m’s, or even some delicious Reese’s Pieces!
- Add Oats: If your very favorite cookie dough is oatmeal chocolate chip then try making that with these cookie dough bars! Try using 1/2 cup of flour and 2 cups of quick oats instead of the 2 cups of flour. YUM!
- Topping: Sprinkle on some course sea salt on your melted chocolate topping before it sets. This adds a delicious savory flavor to go along with the sweet cookie dough taste.
How to Freeze for Later
You can make some extra of these chocolate chip cookie dough bars and freeze them for later! Then you can have them on hand whenever you want. Place any extras in an airtight container and label it with the date. Put it in the freezer and they will last about 2-3 months. When you are ready to eat them then take them out and let them thaw in the fridge.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until it is fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and bet until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and alternate the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. It will be sticky so lightly flour your hands if needed.
- Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- To make the topping, combine the peanut butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour and spread over the top of the chilled dough and chill at least for 1 hour until firm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.