Cinnamon French Toast Bake is a warm and satisfying baked french toast that is loaded with cinnamon and soft, sweet bread that’s drizzled in the best icing. Your family will go crazy over this insanely delicious breakfast!
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
Cinnamon French Toast Bake is the perfect recipe for home cooks. It looks and tastes so impressive, but it is quick and easy to make. It turns out fantastic every time and it is definitely a no-fail recipe. This is the best because it can easily feed a group or a big family. However, it is also easy to half the recipe which makes a perfect amount for a smaller family!
This is a tried and true comforting meal that I know your family, especially your kids, will love. My boys gobbled this French toast bake down so fast! They raved about it and kept asking for more. I do have to say it was so delicious! And I loved how easy it was to put together! You can’t go wrong with Cinnamon French toast, and it is a must try fall breakfast!
Ingredients in Cinnamon French Toast Bake:
A short list of pantry staple ingredients is all it takes to create the best cinnamon french toast! You will be obsessed with this stress-free breakfast!
- Butter: Melted butter lines the bottom of the dish to keep it from sticking.
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing: These make delicious French toast and are so quick and easy to prepare.
- Eggs: Bind everything together.
- Heavy whipping cream: Beat together with eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla to add sweet flavor.
- Ground cinnamon: Perfect warm spice of fall!
- Vanilla: Brings out all the flavors.
- Pecans: Sprinkle chopped nuts on top for a bit of crunch.
- Maple syrup: Serve with syrup if desired.
How to Make Cinnamon French Toast Bake:
Cinnamon French Toast bake comes together quickly with just a few simple and easy to follow steps. Even beginner bakers will look like pros with this impressive homemade breakfast.
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour the melted butter into an ungreased 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Cut cinnamon rolls: Separate both cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls into 16 cinnamon buns, setting the icing aside. Then cut each cinnamon into 4 pieces and place the pieces on top of the butter in the baking dish.
- Beat egg mixture: In a medium bowl beat the eggs. Then beat in the heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, and vanilla until they are well blended. Then gently pour over the cinnamon roll pieces. Sprinkle the top with the pecans and then drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake: Place in preheated oven for 20-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt icing: Microwave the icing on medium (50%) for 10-15 seconds or until it is thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle icing: Add the melted icing over the top of the french toast bake. Serve with additional syrup if desired.
Tips for a Perfect Homemade French Toast Bake:
This stress free meal is impossible to mess up. You will enjoy perfect baked french toast again and again with this recipe.
- Make ahead: This dish can be made the night before and baked in the morning. Just prepare, then cover with foil and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it.
- Fully mix egg: Make sure you are mixing the egg mixture thoroughly so that it evenly coats the cinnamon toast.
- Soft bread: For even softer french toast let the egg mixture soak into the bread for about 20 minutes before baking it.
- Variations: Add in chocolate chips, nuts, fresh fruit, or chunks of cream cheese to create different versions of this french toast bake that are just as amazing.
Storing French Toast Bake:
This Cinnamon french toast bake is so amazing, you most likely will not have leftovers. However, if you do end up with a bit to store, it’s no problem. First, let it cool completely. Then, cover it tightly with foil and place it in the refrigerator within 2 hours of baking. It will be good for 1-2 days in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer.