Cinnamon French toast bake is a warm and satisfying baked french toast that is loaded with cinnamon and soft, sweet bread that’s drizzled in the best icing. Your family will go crazy over this insanely delicious breakfast!
For more perfect fall breakfasts, try this Overnight Cinnamon Apple French Toast Casserole, this delicious Overnight Pecan Praline Baked French Toast or this Overnight Blueberry French Toast! All the prep is done the night before, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning for an easy-hit meal!
Cinnamon French Toast Bake Recipe
Cinnamon French toast bake is the perfect recipe for home cooks. It looks and tastes so impressive, but it is quick and easy to make. It turns out fantastic every time and is definitely a no-fail recipe. This is the best because it can easily feed a group or a big family. The cinnamon flavor melts in your mouth, along with the deliciously soft texture that you just can’t resist.
Not only does this taste insanely delicious, but it’s SO easy. In fact, it uses a couple of cans of store-bought cinnamon rolls to complete the recipe. You won’t believe that when you taste it, but when I can make a recipe that’s good AND easy… you can bet that I will make it all the time! My entire family gobbles this up every time I make it, and I know yours will too!
This is a tried and true comforting meal that I know your family, especially your kids, will love. My boys gobbled this French toast bake down so fast! They raved about it and kept asking for more. I do have to say it was so delicious! And I loved how easy it was to put together! You can’t go wrong with Cinnamon French toast, and it is a must-try fall breakfast!
Ingredients in Cinnamon French Toast Bake
A short list of pantry staple ingredients is all it takes to create the best cinnamon french toast! You will be obsessed with this stress-free breakfast! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Butter: Melted butter lines the bottom of the dish to keep it from sticking.
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing: These make delicious French toast and are so quick and easy to prepare.
- Eggs: Bind everything together.
- Heavy whipping cream: Beat together with eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla to add sweet flavor.
- Ground cinnamon: Perfect warm spice of fall!
- Vanilla: Brings out all the flavors.
- Pecans: Sprinkle chopped nuts on top for a bit of crunch.
- Maple syrup: Serve with syrup if desired.
Let’s Bake This Yummy Breakfast!
Cinnamon French toast bake comes together quickly with just a few simple, easy-to-follow steps. Even beginner bakers will look like pros with this impressive homemade breakfast.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut: Cut each cinnamon roll into eight small pieces. Set the icing aside for later.
- Whisk: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set it aside. Sprinkle the top with the pecans, and then drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pour: Pour the melted butter onto the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Spread the cinnamon roll pieces evenly over the butter. Then pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Garnish: Sprinkle the top with the pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake: Bake at 375°F for 25 min.
- Warm up the Icing: Microwave the icing on medium (50%) for 10-15 seconds or until it is thin enough to drizzle.
- Add Icing: Add the melted icing over the top of the french toast bake. Serve with additional syrup if desired.
Tips and Variations
This delicious cinnamon French toast bake is impossible to mess up. You will enjoy perfect baked french toast again and again with this recipe.
- Make ahead: This dish can be made the night before and baked in the morning. Just prepare, then cover it with foil and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it.
- Fully Mix Egg: Make sure you mix the egg mixture thoroughly to coat the cinnamon toast evenly.
- Soft Bread: For even softer french toast, let the egg mixture soak into the bread for about 20 minutes before baking it.
- Variations: Add in chocolate chips, nuts, fresh fruit, or chunks of cream cheese to create different versions of this french toast bake that are just as amazing.
Storing French Toast Bake
This cinnamon French toast bake is so amazing you most likely will not have leftovers. However, if you do end up with a bit to store, it’s no problem. First, let it cool completely. Then, cover it tightly with foil and place it in the refrigerator within 2 hours of baking. It will be good for 1-2 days in the refrigerator or one month in the freezer.
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- 2 tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls (with icing)
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters. Set the icing aside for later.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set it aside. Sprinkle the top with the pecans, and then drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pour the melted butter on the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Spread the cinnamon roll pieces evenly over the butter. Then pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle the top with the pecans, and then drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 min.
- Microwave the icing on medium (50%) for 10-15 seconds or until it is thin enough to drizzle.
- Add the melted icing over the top of the french toast bake. Serve with additional syrup if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I loved this recipe especially the way you have mentioned every minor detail. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Can this be made ahead of time? Like the day before and bake the next morning?