Inspired by Papa Murphy’s Cinnamon Wheel, this dessert pizza has all of the goodness of a cinnamon roll! A buttery brown sugar cinnamon spread on top of a quick and easy pizza dough, and drizzled with a cream cheese glaze!
We love pizza night at our house. And they have been getting more frequent these days because we are so busy! My boys always beg me to make homemade pizza instead of ordering out. But when we do get a pizza, we love the take and bake pizzas. Our family loves the cinnamon wheel from Papa Murphy’s. And the last time we got it I thought to myself, I can totally make this! And I can make it even better.
And before I knew it, the best cinnamon roll dessert pizza was born.
It all starts with my quick and easy pizza dough. This is my favorite dough recipe in the entire world. I use it for several recipes on the blog. I love it because it only requires 20 minutes of rest time, so you can have your pizza in and out of the oven in no time at all! The dough is perfect. Soft and the perfect pizza consistency. It bakes perfectly every time!
Everything about this dessert pizza turned out fantastic! Even better then our favorite pizza. But I think you will agree that the best part is the cream cheese glaze on top!
Two of the worlds greatest things ever combine to bring you this amazing dessert pizza that your family will love!
Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Buttery Cinnamon Sugar Spread:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 Teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 inch pizza sheet lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll the dough into a 12 inch circle and place on top of pizza pan. If you want the dough to be thinner, divide it in half and use the other half for pizza. Once it is in the pizza pan let it rest for 10 minutes.
To make the spread:
- In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Spread thinly on top of the pizza crust. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
To make the glaze:
- Beat together butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and vanilla until combined. If it is thick, put it in the microwave to soften it up. Drizzle on top of the pizza.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.