We just celebrated my son’s birthday. I have an eleven year old and that is just crazy talk! I swear he was just born. Now he is a handsome almost as tall as me eleven year old. I always make a special breakfast for their birthdays. Cause lets be honest. It is usually cold cereal or frozen waffles. He wanted these Cinnamon Roll Waffles. And how can you go wrong with a cinnamon roll waffle drizzled in a cream cheese glaze? You just can’t.
I just got one of those nice waffle makers and I couldn’t wait to try it out on these bad boys. The waffles turned out amazing. A crisp outside and a soft inside. The cinnamon flavor in the waffles was excellent! These were just like a cinnamon roll in waffle form. And the cream cheese glaze was the perfect finishing touch! Definitely a recipe we will make again and again!
Recipe Adapted from Betty Crocker
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
A delicious cinnamon waffle topped with cream cheese! Tastes like a cinnamon roll in waffle form!
- 2 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2- ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form and set aside. In medium bowl, beat egg yolks, buttermilk, 1/4 cup melted butter, the syrup and vanilla; set aside.
- Make well in center of flour mixture. Add egg yolk mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spray waffle maker lightly with cooking spray. Spoon batter onto hot waffle maker, bake for 3-4 until steam stops and waffles are golden brown.
- For cream cheese glaze: Beat together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. I always soften it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds so it pours easily over waffles.