A delicious cinnamon waffle topped with cream cheese! Tastes like a cinnamon roll in waffle form!
We just celebrated my son’s birthday. I have an eleven year old and that is just crazy talk! I swear he was just born. Now he is a handsome almost as tall as me eleven year old. I always make a special breakfast for their birthdays. Cause lets be honest. It is usually cold cereal or frozen waffles. He wanted these Cinnamon Roll Waffles. And how can you go wrong with a cinnamon roll waffle drizzled in a cream cheese glaze? You just can’t.
I just got one of those nice waffle makers and I couldn’t wait to try it out on these bad boys. The waffles turned out amazing. A crisp outside and a soft inside. The cinnamon flavor in the waffles was excellent! These were just like a cinnamon roll in waffle form. And the cream cheese glaze was the perfect finishing touch! Definitely a recipe we will make again and again!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 2 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2- ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form and set aside. In medium bowl, beat egg yolks, buttermilk, ¼ cup melted butter, the syrup and vanilla; set aside.
- Make well in center of flour mixture. Add egg yolk mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spray waffle maker lightly with cooking spray. Spoon batter onto hot waffle maker, bake for 3-4 until steam stops and waffles are golden brown.
- For cream cheese glaze: Beat together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. I always soften it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds so it pours easily over waffles.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.