A delicious cinnamon waffle topped with cream cheese! Tastes like a cinnamon roll in waffle form!
We just celebrated my son’s birthday. I have an eleven year old and that is just crazy talk! I swear he was just born. Now he is a handsome almost as tall as me eleven year old. I always make a special breakfast for their birthdays. Cause lets be honest. It is usually cold cereal or frozen waffles. He wanted these Cinnamon Roll Waffles. And how can you go wrong with a cinnamon roll waffle drizzled in a cream cheese glaze? You just can’t.
I just got one of those nice waffle makers and I couldn’t wait to try it out on these bad boys. The waffles turned out amazing. A crisp outside and a soft inside. The cinnamon flavor in the waffles was excellent! These were just like a cinnamon roll in waffle form. And the cream cheese glaze was the perfect finishing touch! Definitely a recipe we will make again and again!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or more to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream cheese glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Spray waffle maker with non stick spray and add ½ cup batter to center. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until waffles are golden brown.
- For the cream cheese glaze: Beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Soften in the microwave for 20 seconds to pour easily over waffles.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.