Calling all pickle lovers! Loaded with chopped pickles and herbs, this dill pickle dip is bursting with flavor and absolutely irresistible!
Easy and Delicious Dill Pickle Dip Recipe
As someone who loves easy and delicious dips, I am SO excited to share this recipe with you. This dip only has 6 ingredients and comes together in minutes to create the most amazing zesty, creamy flavor! Because of this, it is always requested at family parties and is gobbled up in no time. The tangy flavor pairs so well with chips, crackers, fresh veggies, you name it! Even my family members who don’t like pickles have become a believer after trying this pickle dip.
Dill pickle dip is the perfect, easy dish for potlucks and game days. Additionally, it is so easy to make and just as easy to store and take on the go! That being said, my personal favorite way to enjoy this insanely good dip is for a Netflix binge night. Like binging your new favorite show, resisting another bite of this flavorful, addictive dill pickle dip is impossible. It is the perfect addition to your easy-to-make snack arsenal!
What You Need For Pickle Dip
With only a handful of simple ingredients, this pickle dip is an easy and inexpensive treat to throw together! It is also easy to customize flavors and substitute ingredients to your liking. I have all individual measurements listed in the recipe card below.
- Cream Cheese: This is the creamy base of the dill pickle dip. Having your cream cheese at room temperature helps everything to mix together well! Also, a dairy-free variation of this dip can be made with cream cheese like Miyoko’s or Daiya.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream adds a smooth texture and tangy flavor to your dill pickle dip. Greek yogurt works as a great substitute, too!
- Chopped Dill Pickles: Small whole dill pickles, finely chopped, are what I like to use in this recipe! You can adjust the size of your dill pieces to your liking.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a boost of flavor to your dip. Using fresh garlic is another way to achieve this.
- Dill Weed: Used to add fresh, zesty flavor to your dip and also a hint of texture.
- Dill Pickle Juice: Dill pickle juice will add additional flavor to your dip. It can also be used to make your dill pickle dip thinner until you reach your desired consistency!
How to Make the Best Dill Pickle Dip
This dip is rich and tasty with minimal effort. As a result, no one will suspect you made it minutes before the party with how much scrumptious flavor is loaded in each bite! You can even use your extra time to make homemade chips to really impress your guests.
- Combine Ingredients: In a medium size combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chopped dill pickles, garlic powder, dill weed, and pickle juice until incorporated.
- Serve or Chill: Serve immediately or chill for an hour to let the flavors blend and cheese to thicken.
Making the Best Dill Pickle Dip
Dill pickle dip can easily be customized to suit your tastes. So, whether you want to add more flavors or change up texture, you can use these easy tips to craft the best dip possible!
- Different Pickles: Any kind of pickle will work here, use your favorite! You could try using hot pickles to add a little heat to your dill pickle dip!
- Flavor Enhancers: Adding diced onion or onion powder to your dip gives it a pop of savory flavor. Jalapeños, a dash of Chili powder or paprika can add great flavor, as well. A little heat plays perfectly with the zesty flavor of dill.
- Convert to Cheese Ball: Want dill pickle dip but in cheese ball form? No problem! Easily convert your dip into a cheese ball by placing mixture onto plastic wrap and gently shaping it into a ball. Next, refrigerate for at least an hour or until it is set in place. It is then ready to be transferred to a serving dish.
- Dip Too Thick: If your dill pickle dip becomes too thick, add a spoonful of pickle juice at a time until you get the consistency you are looking for. Also, keep in mind that this dip will become thicker while resting in the refrigerator. If you’re making it in advance, you may need to add a splash of pickle juice to your dip before serving.
- Serve With: Serve your dill pickle dip up with crackers, chips, veggies or pita. Zucchini chips are a tasty, healthy snack that also pairs wonderfully with dill pickle dip! Also, you can use this as a spread for sliders and sandwiches for a zesty pop of flavor!
Storing Leftover Dill Pickle Dip
My favorite part about dips is that they are so incredibly easy to store! You can eat them straight from the Tupperware container which makes them the ultimate anytime snack.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your dill pickle dip in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- In the Freezer: This dip will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months in an airtight container. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
Dill Pickle Dip
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dill weed chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
- In a medium-size bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chopped dill pickles, garlic powder, dill weed, and pickle juice until incorporated.
- Serve immediately or chill for an hour to let the flavors blend together and the cheese to thicken.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.