One of my FAVORITE things to do in Hawaii was go to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. I begged to go there every day that we were there and I was lucky enough to get to go there twice. Going and getting one of these is worth a trip to Hawaii. Soft serve creamy pineapple ice cream with pineapple juice surrounding it making it the best ice cream float you will have!
It was so fun seeing how huge the planation is and how the pineapple grow and are harvested. After walking around for a bit, we HAD to get a pineapple whip. It literally blows your mind with how amazing it is. Nothing compares to a Hawaiian pineapple and they are perfectly ripe and sweet!
I couldn’t wait to get home and try this recipe for homemade pineapple whips! They were easy to make and really did resemble a dole pineapple whip. They are soft and creamy and so delicious! They will definitely hold you over until you can get to Hawaii. They are absolutely delicious! Apparently they are in such high demand they now serve them at all Six Flags and at Disneyland. I am more excited to get another one in November than go to Disneyland!
More amazing recipes from Hawaii Week:
Dole Pineapple Whips
Delicious and creamy dole pineapple whips that you can make at home!
- 2 cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice 20 oz.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream whipped
- Pineapple Juice optional
- Drain the pineapple but reserve 2 Tablespoons of the juice. Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, and reserved 2 Tablespoons of juice in the blender and blend until smooth. Make sure that there aren't any chunks left.
- Pour into two gallon sized bags and lay flat in the freezer and freeze about 1 -1 1/2 hours until slushy.
- Whip the whip cream with a hand mixer or stand mixer until it forms soft peaks. Transfer into a large bowl and fold the slushy pineapple mixture into the whipped cream. Return to the freezer and freeze until completely frozen about another hour.
- Scoop the mixture into a cup and pour pineapple juice on top to make it a float!