A delicious macaroni pasta salad with ham, pineapple, shredded carrots, and green onions. It has such amazing flavor and it coated in a sweet and tangy pineapple dressing.
Isn’t it crazy to think that summer is halfway over! It is kind of a sad thought! I have been loving the sun and all of the fun activities that come with summer. Especially the BBQ’s and potlucks!
I always love a good pasta salad when you go to a potluck. And this pasta salad is truly incredible and unique!
The ingredients are simple but come together so well. The ham and pineapple give this salad a hawaiian feel and add such delicious flavor. It doesn’t need a lot added to it because the ham and pineapple is the star of the show.
But lets just talk about the one amazing thing that sets this macaroni salad apart from the others. The sweet and tangy pineapple dressing. It is so phenomenal and gave the salad such great flavor. It will set your macaroni salad apart from all of the rest and it is sure to be a huge hit!
- ½ pound dry elbow macaroni, prepared according to package directions and rinsed in cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained (reserve ½ cup liquid for dressing)
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup green onion
- Pineapple Dressing:
- ½ cup reserved pineapple juice
- ½ light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, pineapple chunks, ham, carrots, and green onion in a bowl. set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, cider vinegar, and sugar. Pour over pasta and stir to coat. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Meals.com