Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is a five star recipe! The marinade is quick and easy and full of such amazing flavor! You will make this again and again!
This Huli Huli Chicken has been on my list of things to make for years now. I am kicking myself for not making it until now.
We loved it so much we grilled it three nights in a row.
We have this amazing Hawaiian restaurant close by and it is called Mo’ Bettah’s. It is one of our favorite places to go. When my hubby took his first bite of this chicken he said it tastes exactly like our favorite restaurant. It is honestly one of the best things that we have grilled to date. The marinade is quick and easy with a few ingredients and the flavor will blow your mind.
I marinaded the chicken overnight so that it could soak up all that delicious flavor. You reserve some of the sauce to baste the chicken with while it grills. The sauce it thick and delicious and coats the chicken perfectly as it grills.
We love to grill at our house and this recipe needs to be at the top of your list! It was incredible grilled with our favorite grilled pineapple recipe. This recipe is easily a five star recipe that you will make again and again. We already can’t wait to make it again!
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken breasts also work
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, ginger and garlic. Reserve 1 cup sauce for basting. Add the chicken thighs and sauce to a ziplock bag and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions if desired