Creamy, tangy, and packed with fresh herbs, this Greek yogurt dip is the best addition to any veggie platter! Serve it up with fresh vegetables and your favorite crackers for a snack that’s both healthy and delicious.
Is there anything better than homemade dip? Not only does homemade dip taste better, but you can usually throw it together with just a few pantry staples. Whipped feta dip, dill pickle dip, and smoked salmon dip are a few more great recipes to try. They’re packed with tasty flavor and elevate fresh vegetables so well! Check out my full list of dips here for more mid-day snack inspiration.
Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
If you couldn’t already tell by the million different recipes on the blog, homemade dips are my love. My kids love dips just as much as I do so I make them all the time at our house! The only downside is that dips can be pretty fatty and high in calories. (NOT the best for my New Year’s resolution of eating healthier!) Good news! With this Greek yogurt dip, you get the best of both worlds. A creamy, flavorful dip that’s also filled with protein and probiotics! This dip is totally macro-friendly and the BEST way to add a pop of flavor to your favorite vegetables. You’re going to love it.
If you’re not already convinced, this Greek yogurt dip is super easy to make too! Also, as long as you’ve got some plain Greek yogurt on hand, chances are you have everything else needed to whip it up. You only need a handful of seasonings from your spice rack! Flavors like dill, garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning are what make this dip so good. Once you get a taste, you won’t be able to stop. If you’re making this dip for a crowd, you may want to double it! It goes fast. My advice? Be sure to snag some for yourself!
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Dip
Greek yogurt, milk, and a handful of seasonings are all you need here. Because this dip uses such simple ingredients, you’ll want to make it all the time! Grab some sliced veggies and your favorite chips or crackers for a tasty, healthy snack! Note: all measurements can be found below in the recipe card.
- Greek Yogurt: I used plain, non-fat Greek yogurt here to keep things healthy!
- Italian Seasoning: Italian seasoning is so versatile, I love using it in homemade sauces and dips! You can buy it prepackaged or make your own blend using dried basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and thyme. Find my full recipe here! I always like to make my own seasoning blends at home because they taste better and are free of additives and preservatives.
- Dried Dill: Dill is a must-add for this dip. It adds that classic Greek flavor!
- Onion Powder: Gives this dip a pop of sharp flavor.
- Garlic Salt and Powder: Makes each bite perfectly savory!
- Cracked Black Pepper: Add to taste.
- Milk: Adjusts the consistency of the Greek yogurt dip. Any kind of milk works!
Ready to Make This Healthy Dip?
Let’s get started! This Greek yogurt dip only takes 5 minutes to make and will have the whole family hooked. I’ve been trying to wean my kids off of ranch dressing and this yogurt dip is the perfect solution. It has incredible flavor but is also filled with protein and probiotics for guilt-free snacking!
- Combine Ingredients: To a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, Italian seasonings, dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Mix: Whisk well until combined and creamy.
- Add Milk: You can also whisk in milk if the dip is too thick. Continue to add more until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve with fresh veggies or crackers.
Tips, Tricks, and Serving Suggestions
This Greek yogurt dip is super straightforward to make, but a few simple fixes can really kick the flavor up a notch.
- Add Lemon: A squeeze of lemon or dash of lemon pepper will give your dip a pop of tasty Mediterranean flavor!
- Let it Chill: I always like to let my dip sit in the fridge for an hour or two so the flavors have time to meld. Similarly, you may want to go easy on the seasonings at first since it takes time for them to infuse in the yogurt.
- Use Fresh Herbs: Dried herbs are usually what I use since I have them on hand, but if you really want to take this dip to the next level, use fresh chopped herbs! They make everything taste better.
- Add Vinegar: If you’re a lover of tangy dips, try adding a couple tablespoons of white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar!
The creamy, savory flavor of this Greek yogurt dip works well with so many different things. Baby carrots, peppers, sliced cucumber, and celery are a must! This dip is also great with crackers, flatbread, and pita chips. You can use this dip as a spread in gyros, wraps, and over buddha bowls as well! It’s a healthy way to add extra flavor to all of your favorite dishes.
How Long Does Greek Yogurt Dip Last?
Greek yogurt dip will last for about 5 days in the fridge. Make sure it’s stored in an airtight container for best results!
Can You Freeze Greek Yogurt Dip?
Yes! Just make sure it’s in an airtight container or freezer bag. It will keep for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and give it a good mix before you serve it.
Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons milk for desired consistency
- To a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, Italian seasonings, dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Whisk well until combined and creamy.
- If you like a runnier dip, whisk in milk if the dip is too thick. Continue to add more until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh veggies or crackers.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.