One of my favorite things about the summer is having BBQ’s. Even though my hubby is king of the grill, I am pretty good at it myself! I love lemon chicken so I was excited to put this on the grill. I already had a back up plan for my picky five year old to make him for dinner. I wasn’t sure if he would like the lemon flavor or not. Of course my nine year old loved it and asked for seconds. As soon as I brought it in from the grill, my five year old asked me if he could try I bite. I was shocked so I gave him a piece. Well he didn’t gag or anything and actually LOVED it! I was so excited!! He ate the entire piece of chicken. If my five year old loved it I know that your family will too!
The chicken marinated overnight in an amazing lemon marinade. It was a great balance and wasn’t too lemony. The chicken grilled up perfectly and was so tender and juicy with just the right amount of lemon. I cut up some lemon slices and grilled them on the grill and they made the perfect garnish to this amazing dish!
Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 4-6 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Add the diced onion.
- Put chicken in a gallon sized bag with marinade. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Place chicken on preheated grill and sprinkle with additional pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes on the grill or until no longer pink in center.
- Can also grill additional lemon slices for garnish.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.