This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
The perfect side dish for summer, parmesan garlic grilled broccoli is cooked to perfection and packed with so much flavor! It’s the best addition to any barbecue.
Easy Grilled Parmesan Garlic Broccoli Recipe
June is here and grilling season is in full force! And if you’re looking for a tasty side to accompany all of your favorite meat dishes, this is it! Parmesan garlic grilled broccoli is incredibly delicious and sure to please at your next barbecue. The broccoli is tossed in a garlic parmesan marinade with a squeeze of lemon for flavor that is cheesy and savory with just a hint of zest! When grilled, the parmesan cheese creates a deliciously crispy outer layer. It’s smoky and charred on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. Everything you could want from a veggie dish!
And if you’re not already convinced, this delicious recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes making it busy mom-friendly. Parmesan garlic grilled broccoli is a quick and easy side that your family won’t be able to get enough of! After one bite you’ll see what I mean! It really brings a meal together and is absolutely mouthwatering. And for more tasty veggie dishes, find my full list of recipes here.
Everything You’ll Need to Make It
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this delicious grilled broccoli! Simple seasonings, lemon juice, and grated parmesan is all it takes to create a side dish with restaurant-style quality. Measurements for each of these ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.
- Broccoli: I kept the stems on for a little bit larger pieces, but you can use just the broccoli florets as well.
- Olive Oil: Helps all of the delicious seasonings stick to the broccoli.
- Parmesan: Use freshly-grated parmesan if you can! This will give your grilled broccoli the best flavor possible.
- Seasonings: Here I’m using a blend of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper for savory flavor and aromatics.
- Lemon Juice: I always try to use fresh lemon juice because it makes the overall flavor better. Bottled lemon juice works too if you’re in a pinch!
How to Make Grilled Parmesan Garlic Broccoli
Even if you’re new to grilling, this is a super easy recipe and will turn out perfectly every time! My friends and family love it and I’m sure yours will, too. You can’t go wrong with tender broccoli and the flavor combination of parmesan and garlic!
- Preheat Grill, Prep Broccoli: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Trim the bottom half of broccoli stem. Then quarter the broccoli into small trees so you can easily turn them on the grill.
- Toss With Seasonings: Add the broccoli to a medium-sized bowl. Add the olive oil, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and juice of one lemon. Toss until it is evenly coated.
- Grill: Place broccoli on the grill. Turn them every 2-3 minutes until they are slightly charred and fork tender.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle with additional parmesan if desired and serve.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
These are a few extra ways to perfect this easy side dish. You’re going to love how your broccoli turns out! It’s everything that grilled vegetables should be- smoky, tender, and seasoned perfectly.
- Picking Broccoli: The perfect broccoli will be deep green, dense, and free of imperfections. If your broccoli heads have brown or yellow spots, this means it’s spoiling.
- Adding Spice: Want to add a little kick to your grilled broccoli? Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes until you reach your desired flavor.
- Serve With: Parmesan garlic grilled broccoli is the perfect side for anything from steak to salmon. It’s also great alongside things like grilled chicken and pork skewers. Find more tasty grilling recipes here!
How Long Will Grilled Broccoli Last in the Fridge?
In an airtight container, your grilled broccoli should stay good for 2-3 days before it begins to wilt. To reheat your grilled broccoli, place it on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees F.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Broccoli
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Trim the bottom half of broccoli stem. Then quarter the broccoli into small trees so you can easily turn them on the grill.
- Add the broccoli to a medium sized bowl. Add the olive oil, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and juice of one lemon. Toss until it is evenly coated.
- Place Broccoli on the grill. Turn them every 2-3 minutes until they are slightly charred and fork tender.
- Garnish with additional parmesan if desired and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.