How I changed it: Kept it the same.
Things I may do differently next time: I wouldn’t mash the strawberries as much so that it was a little chunker.
Will I make it again? Yes
Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 1 qt. 2 c. crushed ripe strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 4 c. sugar
- 1 package fruit pectin I use Sure Jell; I don’t even think I’ve seen a different brand
- 3/4 c. water
- 8- oz. freezer-safe containers
- Wash and dry the freezer-safe containers and set aside.
- With a potato masher or in a food processor, mash the berries, leaving some chunks. Measure out 2 c. of berries into a large bowl. Stir in exactly 4 c. sugar and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- While the berries and sugar are co-mingling, whisk the pectin into 3/4 c. water in a small saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over high heat and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir into strawberry mixture for 3 minutes or until sugar is almost entirely dissolved.
- Ladle the jam into the prepared containers, leaving about 1/2″ at the top for expansion. Top with lids and allow to stand for 24 hours at room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for 1 year. Makes 5 8-oz. containers.