This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This honey chipotle sauce is packed with so much flavor you will want to put it on everything! The blended spices will elevate any meal and have all of your guests asking for the recipe!
This sauce is so versatile! I use it on my meats and also as a dipping sauce. But to start with, you must try it out on this Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken, this Honey Chipotle Pork Roast, and these amazing and mouthwatering Chipotle Honey Meatballs!
Homemade Honey Chipotle Sauce Recipe
Honey chipotle sauce is a FAVORITE at our house! We use it on just about everything, and it’s my secret sauce to getting my kids to try new things! Their favorite honey chipotle recipe is these meatballs. Whether they are for you or your kids, whoever eats this sauce is going to love it!
This sauce marries sweet and heat with all of the spices and ingredients! Garlic, pepper, and cumin are just a few of the ingredients that, once you put them together then they will make you want to lick your plate clean. When you combine them with a base of ketchup, honey, a dash of apple cider vinegar, and some brown sugar, this recipe will knock your socks off and become your favorite too!
Ingredients in Honey Chipotle Sauce
This sauce takes less than 5 minutes to make, and you will be enjoying it for weeks! It’s restaurant quality, and you will never want to buy this at the store again. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Ketchup: The ketchup is the base of the sauce.
- Chipotle Peppers: These come in a can! Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce is the label you want to look for!
- Cider Vinegar: This helps to combine all of the ingredients.
- Brown Sugar: I used light brown sugar, but you can use dark if that’s what you have on hand.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This adds a tangy and salty flavor to balance the honey.
- Honey: This adds sweetness to the sauce. The honey will break down from the vinegar and mix in nicely.
- Salt: The salt enhances the ingredients in the sauce.
- Garlic Powder: I love the flavor of garlic in just about everything, and this sauce is no exception.
- Ground Cumin: This brings an earthy, warm flavor to the honey-chipotle sauce.
- Black Pepper: This adds just enough flavor without adding in any extra heat.
How to Make This Homemade Sauce
- Blend: In a blender or food processor, combine the ketchup, chipotle peppers, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add to Food: The sauce is ready to use for basting meat. You can also add the sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat through until warm and serve as a dipping sauce for chicken, ribs, or pork!
Is Honey Chipotle Sauce Spicy?
Chipotle peppers are similar to jalapeno peppers that are placed in an adobo sauce, which preserves their flavor! The peppers all by themselves can carry a bit of spice, but this sauce is tempered with honey, vinegar, and brown sugar. It’s a great sauce that has a lot of flavors and some heat but not too much!
How to Store Homemade Sauce
Simple and easy, this homemade honey chipotle sauce can be made in a few minutes and then used immediately as a rub for meats or as a dip for chicken tenders and french fries! After you’ve made it then, it can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge. It will last about two weeks!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Honey Chipotle Sauce
- In a blender or food processor combine the ketchup, chipotle peppers, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- The sauce is ready to use for basting meat. You can also add the sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat through until warm and serve as a dipping sauce for chicken, ribs, or pork!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.