Honey chipotle wings are sweet and spicy and pack a punch of flavor! You will definitely want to serve them as an appetizer on any game day, and they will be the hit of the party!
Wings are the perfect appetizer for any party. The guests go crazy over them; my family loves them… They are just the best! Try out some more of my favorites like these Thai glazed chicken wings, these parmesan garlic wings, or these amazing and crispy air fryer chicken wings. Whether you like sweet or spicy, I have something for everyone!
Honey Chipotle Wings Recipe
The very first question that I always get asked when it comes to wings is, “Are they spicy”? People either want to know because they don’t like heat or they loooove the heat. These honey chipotle wings fall into the middle category. Chipotle is spicy on its own, but when you combine it with honey using this sauce, then it tempers that heat just a bit.
Chipotle peppers come in a can of adobo sauce which tempers the flavor a bit. The peppers can carry a bit of heat on their own, but when you mix them with the honey and the brown sugar in the sauce, then you have (what I think) the perfect combo that satisfies just about anyone. Plus, these wings are super easy to make! So whip up a batch or two and serve them with some ranch or blue cheese dressing at your next game-day party. Your guests won’t stop raving about them!
Ingredients in Honey Chipotle Wings
Are you ready to find out how easy this recipe is? It just requires six ingredients! It doesn’t get much easier than that! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact ingredient measurements.
- Wings: Pat them dry with a paper towel
- Baking Powder: This helps get that crispy coating on the outside.
- Garlic Powder: I can’t resist adding in some garlic powder whenever I can!
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance the flavors in the recipe.
- Honey Chipotle Sauce: You can buy this at the store or make it at home using this super easy recipe!
Let’s Make Some Wings!
These honey chipotle wings take about 5 minutes to prepare, and then the rest of the time is spent cooking! They will be your new go-to appetizer for any occasion.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Shake to Coat: In a ziplock bag, add the wings. Add the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and shake to coat evenly. Place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Make the Sauce: Prepare your honey chipotle sauce.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until crispy and no longer pink.
- Toss and Serve: Toss the wings in honey chipotle sauce or brush with a basting brush and serve.
Whole Wings vs Drumettes and Wingettes
These honey chipotle wings are so delicious! But if you haven’t cooked wings before then, you may not know how to buy them! Here are a few tips on what these words mean so you know exactly what to look for when you go to buy them at your grocery store.
- Drumette and Wingette: These are the “trimmed” and broken down parts of the whole wing. This is the easiest way to buy them because they are ready to cook as soon as you remove them from the package!
- Whole Wings: You can buy your wings whole, which is the cheaper way to buy them. BUT… it takes a lot of work to break them down and trim them up to be drumettes and wingettes. I always think it’s worth it to pay a little bit more to have them ready to cook.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Wings
You probably won’t have any extra honey chipotle wings leftover from this recipe, but if you do, then you can easily store and reheat them for later!
- In the Fridge: Once your wings have cooled, then you can store them in your fridge for a couple of days in an airtight container.
- To Reheat: Reheat them in the oven at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes, or you can reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes (or until they are warmed through). Make sure not to overlap them in the air fryer, or they won’t get crispy.
Honey Chipotle Wings
- 4 pounds wings patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- honey chipotle sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a ziplock bag, add the wings. Add the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and shake to coat evenly. Place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Prepare your honey chipotle sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until crispy and no longer pink.
- Toss the wings in honey chipotle sauce and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.